• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Triggers are not instant as claimed, which causes duplication issues - how to fix?

apps

You write Pabbly Connect has "Instant triggers" here:

But they clearly are not instant - so how often do they check in reality?

The problem is I have timetracking entries I send to an accounting app. In the workflow the first time it needs to check if a contact entry already exists and if not, then create a contact there. However Pabbly creates duplicate contacts and duplicate invoices with separate time entries because triggers instead of being triggered instantly, are triggered delayed.

How can I fix this?
And how often does Pabbly check triggers?

This is the workflow: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjEyMjUzMiI_3D

Look at these:
https://connect.pabbly.com/task/his...=IjEyMjUzMiI_3D&filter_by_task_data=attermann - IjEwOTUwNzAxMCI_3D
https://connect.pabbly.com/task/his...=IjEyMjUzMiI_3D&filter_by_task_data=attermann - IjEwOTUwNzAwNiI_3D

Despite the entries being 3 minutes apart Pabbly connect doesn't trigger them instantly and instead waits and only triggers these 1 sec apart which causes duplicate issues. Inserting a delay won't fix that either because then each task will both be delayed and still trigger sepArately if there are. So:

A. How do I solve this?
B. How often are triggers checked for (because it is not instantly as your webpage claims)?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @apps

We are currently looking into your workflow and inspecting it for a while. Regarding the webhook response, in which the trigger is directly coming from the API as the trigger is a descriptive webhook type trigger.

The webhook only captures the response data which was sent by the application itself and it is something that we cannot manipulate. If your data is not arriving or coming late so there is a good chance that it is not being sent/delayed to Pabbly Connect's webhook URL In cases like these, you will have to contact the support team of API for which you to see why your data is not coming.

To double-check, you can also confirm it through a webbooks testing site by the name of webhook.site.

You can copy the webhook URL provided by Webhook.site inside API and do the test event inside Landingi to see if the webhook is being captured or not inside Webhook.site. This will double confirm the issue.

Here is a sample video that you can follow to track the webhook issue:

You can check out the following video for your concern -

apps

Thanks for the message. Ahhh, no, then it is Zapier that is delaying the message sending. I have to go through Zapier because Timingapp does not have a Pabbly Connect integration for any Triggers. Requested triggers for Timingapp a long time ago - is it coming?

Zapier Triggers for Timing:
- it seems there are no weekhook triggers or?

API:

What other workarounds could I use. Could I insert a random delay between 15-25 min for each run of this workflow (and how would I technically accomplish this?). This would seem to be a workaround.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

All the best

Anders

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @apps

What other workarounds could I use. Could I insert a random delay between 15-25 min for each run of this workflow (and how would I technically accomplish this?). This would seem to be a workaround.
You can try using the Delay action step, but it seems like it is not possible.