• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Trigger Google sheet action from query result

Lars

Hi,

I had hoped to be able to trigger a google sheet action using results from a query, but this doesn't work (it does in Zapier ...). To illustrate, here's the query:

=query(Underlag!5:99;"select AI, C, BD";0)

and the results:

EpostNamnDatum
andrea***Andrea2023-04-24
kontakt***Andreas2023-08-08
warzawa***Anita2023-05-25

The third column is what I need to use as the trigger. It's manuallly updated in another tab in the sheet and since that tab is broad and updated extensively, with no column headers in the first row, I don't think it would work to trigger the action from there.

So my question is if there is in fact a way to trigger actions via updated query results?

Keeping fingers crossed :)

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Lars

So my question is if there is in fact a way to trigger actions via updated query results?
We request our users to not use any kind of formulas or any filter with ImportRange in their Google Sheets to trigger the workflow. Since it might affect the incoming data with the app script.

So, kindly pass the proper data in their Google Sheet to the trigger column manually or from 3rd party application.

Lars

Hey @Lars

We request our users to not use any kind of formulas or any filter with ImportRange in their Google Sheets to trigger the workflow. Since it might affect the incoming data with the app script.

So, kindly pass the proper data in their Google Sheet to the trigger column manually or from 3rd party application.
Yes, I'm aware of that - and I'm not using ImportRange, just a simple query, although I'm guessing that technically this has the same problems in your implementation. And your answer doesn't help. I need to find a way to solve this that doesn't require manual input, with or without your tools. That's why I posted the question here. Do you know of third part applications that can solve this? I know Zapier supports query data, and wouldn't like to have to revert to them.

Last edited:

Lars

Yes, I'm aware of that - and I'm not using ImportRange, just a simple query, although I'm guessing that technically is has the same problems in your implementation. And your answer doesn't help. I need to find a way to solve this that doesn't require manual input, with or without your tools. That's why I posted the question here. Do you know of third part applications that can solve this? I know Zapier supports query data, and wouldn't like to have to revert to them.
Also - interestingly - the exact same setup works in a correspond sheet. Hm.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Lars

Currently, we are not supporting the queries and nay formulas in the trigger column of Google Sheets.

So, you need to pass the complete data to the triggering column.