• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

I keep on getting error messages when trying to post to Instagram

Dear all,

My exact question is asked in question with the title: Resize or crop image for Instagram
Unfortunately, that answer - cropping - has not helped me.

The image to be posted. Can be an actual file or a public URL. If it is a public URL, it must start with https:// or http://. Supported formats are: jpg, gif, png, ico, bmp.
Maximun image size 8MB and aspect ratio falls within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range.

I run the Workflow 26 times (according to my Dashboard); I tried all these things:
  • I have resized my image. While Instagram (via Canva) should be: 1080 x 1080 I resized to 864 x 1080 and then even: 800 x 1000 (because of the 4:5 ratio)
  • Just in case, I reduced the size from 1.4 MB (by far not: 8MB) to only: 118.03 kB
  • I tried URL via Google Drive
  • I tried URL via Dropbox
  • I contacted Dropbox to see if this was not public enough; they said that with my type of account: this URL should work. (And I can see the image even in an incognito window when using the URL; so it should indeed be public/ shareable.)
  • The URL I use starts with: https://
  • I tried photos in the format: jpg and png

Whatever I do, I keep on getting the same kind of error notification as is mentioned in this question: Resize or crop image for Instagram

Everything in this video
, I do the same (connecting IG Business, etc), and it runs the same as in the video - until the end: No post for me, but as a response: I get the error notifications.

I use the Workflow link as given in the description of the video, and I insert everything new: like Webhook URL, refresh, etc -

Google Sheets to Instagram | Automatically Post from Google Sheets to Instagram​

Please help!
Is there a hidden something somewhere? It almost can't be the image itself anymore..

Thank you, Karin

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Karin on Forum

Since the file URL which you are passing in the Instagram action step doesn't look like downloadable or has the proper extension on it.

So, we would suggest you pass the Image URL first in the "Imgur" action step and then pass its converted exertion to the Instagram action step.

1671778766431.png

Hey @Karin on Forum

Since the file URL which you are passing in the Instagram action step doesn't look like downloadable or has the proper extension on it.

So, we would suggest you pass the Image URL first in the "Imgur" action step and then pass its converted exertion to the Instagram action step.

View attachment 19526
Thank you SO MUCH!! This was the issue. Yesterday I had looked for such a tool, because I saw somebody converting photos & IDs with a formula in Excel; however: that formula didn't work (anymore - not only for me, but I saw a comment under the YouTube video posted 2 weeks ago, that it didn't work anymore..) I didn't know the right search/key words to find such a program.
When looking at reviews of Imgur, I saw that the ownership of your images may be 'taken'? So I looked for alternatives (maybe they take ownership too.. but it's marketing images so I wouldn't mind too much anyway); came on this article: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/4-imgur-alternatives-for-uploading-sharing-images/ And I tried Postimage, and it WORKED!!!
I'm superhappy!
And.. I'm extra happy, because I ran the Workflow with a Canva: 1080x1080 size (so not: 4:5) and: no problems! So I can use the original square images.

diino

Hey @Karin on Forum

View attachment 19526
i am facing a similar problem but i want to post reels(video files), the link is not a direct link(it is a sharable link), how can i/what can ido to convert my drive share link to usable what can i do

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @diino

Could you please tell us from where the video URL getting?

Further, you can try uploading the video first in the DropBox action step first and then pass its file URL from the API response.