• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Airtable issue with fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike

Hi Guys,

I am trying to create records in Airtable and having an issue with Single Line Text field types.

I either get an error, or the value is inserted with quotes.

See the following 2 tests.

Issue test 1:
In PC, I have the Single Line Text field with no quotes around the field value:

I get the following error:

Issue test 2:
In PC, I have the Single Line Text field with quote around the field value:

PC then completes the action:

However the value is inserted into Airtable with the quotes:

I think a fix is needed so that quotes are not needed to be in the PC values for Single Line Text field types.

There should be no quotes inserted.

Thanks!!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mike

For your concern Airtable uses a strict typecast of the fields, so you need to make sure that you have selected the number field for that particular column if you are passing a number and if you are passing the text please select "Short" or "Long" text in Airtable Column Property.

Else, if you are passing the number in the Text field you have to pass the values in the double quotes as a string.

2021-08-27_12h25_26.png

mike

Hey @mike

For your concern Airtable uses a strict typecast of the fields, so you need to make sure that you have selected the number field for that particular column if you are passing a number and if you are passing the text please select "Short" or "Long" text in Airtable Column Property.

Else, if you are passing the number in the Text field you have to pass the values in the double quotes as a string.

View attachment 3202

Thanks for the reply. But that doesn't solve the issue.

The value that is being inserted into that field is not always a number. It can also be multi-character.

Example of values: 12345 OR 12av12 OR ac-1324-avad-a12

As per the example value, I am using a Single Line Text Type which should not have any issue with the makeup of the text values being inserted as per my 3 examples.

Also if I use quotes along with the values above, the quotes are inserted into the field value, which is a problem as per issue test 2.

Please see further.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mike

As per your concern, we have made some changes from our end and now you can pass the alphanumeric or number values into the respective fields without quotes.

Please check at your end and share your feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.