• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Airtable Update Record not working as expected

Ingrid

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjAwNTZkMDYzNDA0MzU1MjY5NTUzZDUxMzQ1MTY3NTQzMCI_3D_pc
I have a workflow to create a new Pinterest pin when a new record is added in Airtable, and the last part of the workflow is to update the record with the new pin URL.

But the issue I have is the record selection area is for a SPECIFIC record, not an ID with variable values so every time it's updating the same Record in Airtable (from the time the workflow got tested) instead of the Record it created the Pin from.

I tested in 2 separate workflows since one has a delay it takes time to test it, but the workflow I'm adding here is more immediate and just has a 10-minute delay so it can be tested ASAP.

This should not be a "fixed/set" record, it should be the Record ID so it can change depending on the Record row inside Airtable, but I don't have the option to select anything that will be a "placeholder" or "ID" for the value, I just have a set value:

record.png

Thoughts on how to fix this so I can have Pabbly update the record based on the actual Airtable record it used to create the Pin (since that works fine) and not the test record it got from the time I set it up?

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Ingrid

It appears that you now have the option to map the Record ID, and as per my assessment, your workflow is functioning smoothly without any issues.

2023-03-20_13h27_18.png
2023-03-20_13h27_48.png

Please let me know if you are still facing the same issue.