• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Any easy way we can do a "contains any" match?

aaron

Let's say we have an array of data.
Data = ["Thing1","Thing2","Thing3"]
Data1 = Thing1,Thing2,Thing3

Something like, `if "blah blah blah thing1" contains Data` or `Data1`; returns true.

Using the Filter, doing a contains any is currently not something I can easily do, I'd have a bunch of "or" statements for each "Thing".
Not sure if it's something I missed, but having it set to "contains any" of an array or a comma separated list would be great.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aaron

Could you please briefly elaborate on your concern, so that we can look into it and can suggest you accordingly?

Further, you could use the Filter action step with the "Contains" filter type in your workflow.

1669977438953.png

aaron

Hello @Supreme

Basically I have a title. For an easy example I will call this title "shirt". Then I have a list of certain words to look for in that title. In my example I am looking for "shirt,hat" (shirt or hat). Using the Filter action step in this manner, results in a fail.

Yes for this it would be easy to make a separate OR statement for each word, "shirt" and "hat", but when I have 100s of keywords it gets really difficult.

1669989736852.png

aaron

I may have made my example too basic.

Result 2 represents a product title and result 3 represents a list of words. Please see a more detailed example here.

1670059715066.png

Supreme

Staff member
Result 2 represents a product title and result 3 represents a list of words. Please see a more detailed example here.
Please share the name of the workflow in which you are trying the filter condition.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @aaron

Regarding your filter condition, you need to first split the terms individually and then pass the terms in OR or in the AND condition.

1670233773853.png

aaron

Hey @aaron

Regarding your filter condition, you need to first split the terms individually and then pass the terms in OR or in the AND condition.

View attachment 18690

Yes that would work as would just inputting them one by one. This result is only 7 items, but it is difficult when there are 100s of potential items I want to match. It'd be great if there was a "contains any" or a "contains match" that returns positive if it matches within a comma separated list orr a regex pattern.