• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

API Module - Airtable not getting response information

Graffiki

I have an API module that is requesting data from Airtable as the Airtable modules didn't quite do what I needed. The API request includes a filter and a view to only return records that match specific requirements.

When there are records that fit the criteria, I get all of the data perfectly and I can continue my scenario... no problems.
1693819351399.png

However, when there are no records that match the criteria, the API gives no response for me to work with.
1693819477866.png

That means that I can't use the filter to stop the workflow as their is noting thing the Get API step to filter by.
1693819583764.png

It seems like the Airtable should always be giving me a response and it's not coming through for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have, I'm a little bit puzzled.

Thanks!

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Graffiki,

Could you please enter the data that fits the criteria and provides a response when you click on 'Save & Send Test Request'?

After capturing the response, you can use the 'Records 0 Id' field as the Filter Label and 'Exists' as your Filter Type. This will ensure that the next steps in your workflow are executed only if the Id exists; otherwise, the workflow will stop at the Filter step.

1693827517522.png

Graffiki

Hi @Graffiki,

Could you please enter the data that fits the criteria and provides a response when you click on 'Save & Send Test Request'?

After capturing the response, you can use the 'Records 0 Id' field as the Filter Label and 'Exists' as your Filter Type. This will ensure that the next steps in your workflow are executed only if the Id exists; otherwise, the workflow will stop at the Filter step.

View attachment 30896
Thanks for the response :)

Is the API step, when there is no record that matches the criteria, there is no result, so step 2. API by Pabbly : GET doesn't appear in the dropdown. If the API call does return a result, then that step appears in the dropdown.

1693853352533.png

ArshilAhmad

Staff member

View attachment 30896

As previously mentioned, in your API by Pabbly action step, input the data that yields the correct response, similar to what was shown in the screenshot you shared. Once you capture the correct response, map the 'Records 0 Id' in the Filter step.
1693819351399.png