• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Automating replies to comments on my shorts YouTube channel

affex

Hi, I am trying to automate replies to comments on my YouTube channel. The channel only consists of shorts. I can connect to the channel and detect a new video and then successfully post the link to my FB page. However, I cannot detect new comments on my channel, the response is always 0. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @affex !

Kindly provide us with the workflow URL in which you have tried the setup and is not fetching the data for you?

So we can check on it and guide you further.

Do make sure that the video which you have added to fetch the data for in the response has an existing comment in it.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @affex !

Kindly check on the image below-

1706083788552.png

You can get the video ID from the URL of the shorts you want to have the comments from-

1706083982587.png

This will work for you to get the response and then further you can proceed with the workflow setup.

Do check and let us know about it.

affex

OK, thanks for the reply. I have managed to get a new comment, send it to ChatGPT that returns a reply and post the reply to the comment on the video. However, the reply author is my main account and NOT the channel brand account, which if selected during the connection setup gives an error message. So how do I reply to comments using my brand account as the author?

Subin

Staff member
Hey @affex !

We have conducted thorough testing to replicate the reported error using a dummy YouTube account. During this testing, we created a new channel under the primary account, and it has come to our attention that YouTube does not permit the listing of this channel in the YouTube trigger event. To address this issue, we have identified a viable workaround. We recommend utilizing the YouTube connection associated with your primary account and mapping the respective channel ID from your Channel Page .-

1706352697177.png

This will help you to comment from your channel itself.

Kindly give it a try and see if this works for you.

affex

This is what I have already done but when I reply to a comment on a 'brand account' channel the author of that comment is my main youtube account! The comment needs to be replied to from the same 'brand account' channel. BTW my brand account channel is Upbeat Paths.

Subin

Staff member
Hey @affex !

We have made some changes to the workflow "Reply to comments on Upbeat Paths YT Videos ".

Kindly enable the workflow and then add a new comment to your video and check if the correct channel is responding back or not.