• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Automation Google Sheets > OpenAI

JanvanOO

Hello!

I just setup a workflow Google sheets to OpenAI to Google sheets.

I created a spreadsheet with in row A different titles which i want OpenAI to create a blogpost for and send it back to Google Sheets. (i created this watching this video:
)

The first title (Cell a2) works fine and give the blogpost in cell B2. But how can i automatically generate blogposts for the other titles in row A? I dont want to setup this process by hand each time.

Thanks a lot!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @JanvanOO

You can only use "Send On Event" when setting up Google Sheets if the data is coming from a Google application or if you manually enter it. If the data is coming from a third-party application, however, you may need to choose "Auto Send On Schedule" or "Send on Schedule," which will forward the data in exactly one hour.

1674105101043.png

JanvanOO

Thanks! The sheet now updates on the scheduled time which is good. Two other questions:

1. Is it possible to update only the empty cells instead of all te content?
2. Can i make longer texts then 256 characters?

I use Google sheets > OpenAI > Google sheets to create blogposts. I only fill the titles and let OpenAI generate the text

Supreme

Staff member
1. Is it possible to update only the empty cells instead of all te content?
It appears that you are using the "Update Row Values" action step where you need to pass the data in a comma separate manner.

Whereas you can also use the "Update Row" action step instead for simplicity to update the row values in separate fields.

1674191418765.png

2. Can i make longer texts then 256 characters?
The help text states, "Enter the maximum number of tokens to generate the content. The Max limit is up to 2048 tokens. The default value is 256."

JanvanOO

Thanks for your reply!

I have set it up on this way:

1. Scheduling
2. Google sheets > Get Rows
3. Itterator > 2. Response results
4. OpenAI > Generate content
5. Google sheets > Lookup Spreadsheet Rows
6. Google sheets > Update Cell Value

Should i replace step 2 and setup 'Update Row' instead of 'Get Rows' ?

Thanks a lot!

JanvanOO

Thanks! I cannot replace 'Get Rows' by 'Update Row' without breaking things.. Could you explain me the exact steps? Or maybe there is a video for this? I just want scheduled content only for the empty rows and dont update everything..

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @JanvanOO

No, there is no other possibility to update rows in Google Sheets.

You may check the reference from the following video tutorial.