• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Cancellation on Failure

Hi, I have a task that i would prefer to completely pause it's execution until I review it, if it encounters a failure at any stage.
However it seem's the default is to just continue on with execution of the remainder of the task if a failure is encountered at any step.

Notification of the failure includes this message:
"Note that the workflow has not been paused and continues to run according to your settings. Further, you have the option to re-execute tasks that encountered error from the history section."

Where are these settings? I cannot find anything anywhere.

Fagun Shah

If you want to stop execution of remaining steps of the workflow when any particular step fails then use Filter after that step that it should only go ahead if the success response is received from above step. But you need to add this kind of filter for each step.

Regarding your question to how to re-execute failed task, Go History section of the workflow by Opening the workflow and click in History in left side menu. And find the failed task and select it and click on Re-execute button.

If you want to stop execution of remaining steps of the workflow when any particular step fails then use Filter after that step that it should only go ahead if the success response is received from above step. But you need to add this kind of filter for each step.

Regarding your question to how to re-execute failed task, Go History section of the workflow by Opening the workflow and click in History in left side menu. And find the failed task and select it and click on Re-execute button.

Thanks very much, I can use the filter as a workaround.

However this is a very inelegant solution, and the wording of the email makes it sound as if there is a simple setting, or that the user has specifically chosen to continue to run upon getting an error.

I think it would be much easier to provide users a simple option for the entire workflow, where you can choose "Pause in event of error" or "Continue on in event of error"; perhaps a "workflow settings" page in the kebab menu of the workflow?

I'll submit as a feature request :)

Fagun Shah

Thanks very much, I can use the filter as a workaround.

However this is a very inelegant solution, and the wording of the email makes it sound as if there is a simple setting, or that the user has specifically chosen to continue to run upon getting an error.

I think it would be much easier to provide users a simple option for the entire workflow, where you can choose "Pause in event of error" or "Continue on in event of error"; perhaps a "workflow settings" page in the kebab menu of the workflow?

I'll submit as a feature request :)
They mentioned somewhere that they will add this kind of feature, that if next steps are dependent on failed step then it will stop the execution of the rest of the step. But there is no ETA on that feature by their team for now.