• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Categories and Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjo

Using Google Sheets to Create and Edit Posts in WordPress - For Categories and Tags - I am getting confused.

I add the IDs into the Action but they all appear in the posts. I have say 4 individual Categories and in my Google Sheet I want to add one or 2 of these Categories in the column of my Google Sheet.

How do I get the Category in the Google Sheet to appear in the post please ?

Currently, I am getting them all when I turn the map on but I only want the Category or Tag in the Google Sheet column to be the same one that appears in the post.

Many thanks for the help.

Best wishes,

Stephen

sjo

I have tried all different ways to try and bring over a single category or tag from the relevant column in Google Sheet but I keep getting all the categories or tags and not the single one I have in the Google Sheet. Any help grateful received !

Best wishes,

Stephen

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sjo

Since the WordPress action step takes the tags and categories as Ids then we would recommend you using ids of the tags & categories in place of their names from the Google Sheets.

sjo

Thanks for the reply. I have tried placing the id in the Google sheet - just the ID and then with square brackets around them - that did not work. I have tried turning the map on in the Wordpress Create Post action, tried entering ID as well as the name of the category or ID but again - it does not work.

I receive in the Post either the Category or the Tag that I enter in the Create Post Action and not the Google Sheet or I get all the Categories and all the Tags rather than just the one I want from the Google Sheet.

It would be helpful to know what I should put in the Action and also what I should I put in the Google Sheet - then hopefully I can get this working.

Many thanks for the help.

Best wishes,

Stephen

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @sjo

In the WordPress action step, you were supposed to map the data in the Category and Tag fields.

Pass the id in the double quotes inside the square brackets.

2022-12-14_16h24_04.png

sjo

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I have done as you suggest and the post did not work to WordPress. I switched on Map.

In Google Sheets I have tried the name of the Category and the Tag as well as the ID of both and it has not worked.

Grateful if you could have a look and provide another suggestion.

Many thanks for the help and much appreciated !

Best wishes,

Stephen

Supreme

Staff member
We have done the changes in your workflow accordingly as mentioned in the help text.

1671020732286.png

sjo

Yeeeesss !!!

That now works OK - huge thanks for all your quick help and much appreciated !! Have a great day !

Best wishes,

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.