• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

ClickUp custom task value

shane6836

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjIwNTY4MDYzNDA0MzA1MjZiNTUzMzUxMzc1MTYyNTQzMyI_3D_pc
When getting Task by Id, we are trying to get the value of a custom field (dropdown box) - it shows us the custom field and the options, but not the selected option.

We need to be able to extract the actual text that makes up the option name (not the option ID) to pass through to the next step - anyone have any idea?

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @shane6836

Can you provide more details with a screenshot, explaining what you want and what you are currently experiencing?

This will assist me in understanding the situation better and offering the necessary assistance.

shane6836

hi @Arshita - see attached screenshot from Clickup 'Get task from ID' action.
Custom Field shows the options available under the dropdown custom field menu ('Statement of Advice Workflow (existing)' and 'Advice Production - SoA'), however i cannot see anywhere that shows which value is actually selected in the task.

we need to be able to capture which item in the dropdown is selected so we can pass this on to the next action to make a new task from a template.
Screenshot 2023-12-14 225302.png

Arshita

Staff member
Please allow me some time to check your concern with your team I will get back to you soon.

Arshita

Staff member
I've checked your concern with our team and determined that to locate the template, you need to enter the template ID into the designated template field.

Consequently, I recommend turning off the map button and selecting the template from the dropdown menu. I have already performed this action on your behalf, and it is functioning as expected. Kindly check and confirm whether it is working on your end.

2023-12-15_12h56_55.png