• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Clickup to Slack DM - duplicate messages

I am looking to integrate slack notifications (DM message preferably) when a new task is created in clickup via Pabbly. So far I have created a nice Pabbly workflow with routing (to send a notification to all assigned members).

It seems to be working, it sends a message to slackbot (which is fine, I think a personal DM cannot be sent anyway), but it seems to be sending duplicate message each time (I created 2 tasks here, one with a due date and the other one without a due date):

https://prnt.sc/zSfU-xH5HY9t

Any thoughts or ideas as to the duplication issue?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @stevkatswn

As we can see from your workflow, you are getting the same trigger response multiple times and because of that, your tasks are getting executed multiple times.

And the reason behind that is perhaps you have pressed the "Save & Send Request" multiple times which has created the webhook URL in your Clickup multiple times.

1694519317231.png

We suggest incorporating the Filter action step after the trigger event. By utilizing the unique Webhook ID associated with each multiple response, you can ensure that only a single response is processed within the automation. This approach allows for more precise handling of the received data.

Hi Supreme and thanks for your reply.

Not sure what you mean exactly, however the duplicate messages you see in the provided screenshot were made from creating a task in clickup, i.e. I tested the workflow as an actual user and not from inside the workflow using "Save & Send Request", if that makes sense?

Can you please explain what you mean by incorporating the "filter action step"? I fyou mean the filter action that is present in each of the routes, then I need that to determine to whom I should send a slack message.

Perhaps I should re-do this as a new fresh workflow by clicking the "Save & Send Request" in the trigger step only just once?

UPDATE: I created a new workflow from scratch and it now operates like it should. Only one message instead of duplicates!

Last edited: