• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Connecting Manychat to Systeme.io

Tisha

Hi!
Since Systeme now has an API, I notice you have added some new options.
I would like to see the best way to Add a tag, to an existing subscriber or creating a new subscriber in my Systeme.io account, from an email address provided via a Manychat automation.

The idea is to get someone to become a newsletter subscriber in Systeme, once they have stated their email in Manychat.

I have been able to do this:
1. Manychat: External Request (grabbing their email - no problem here)
2. Systeme.io: Search contact by email (in this case the contact already existed, no problem)
3. Systeme.io: Add tag to contact. -- Here the Pabbly options force to search the contact via a Contact ID, and the one provided seems to be random, not the one from the previous step.

So I need to verify that this is going to:
1) Update the tag on a contact, if the contact exists
2) Create the contact and add a tag, if the contact does not exist yet.

What would be the best procedure to do so?

I thought I might try a "router" option, to distinguish if the contact exists or does not exist in the Systeme database. But in that case, I don't know how to set the filter option to "exist" at all?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Tisha

To execute a workflow based on a condition, you should use the router in your workflow. I recommend referring to the video tutorial below on how to use the router.

Upon reviewing your workflow, it appears that you are already using the router and the issue related to "Systeme.io: Add Tag to Contact" has been resolved. Please double-check, and if you have any further concerns, feel free to reach out.

Tisha

Thanks, I'm just unsure of how to set it up, in which order.
Step 1: Trigger on Manychat
Step 2: Is that the router or the "Search contact by email" in Systeme?

And then 3 and 4 and possibly 5... (add tag if the contact exists; create contact if it doesn't exist and then add tag) Not sure how to set them up, in which order, and how to test it twice in the same workflow so that I have one lead that already exists in the database and one that does not.
Do you understand what I mean?
I would really appreciate if you could tell me which order I need to have the steps on, to accomplish this task that seems easy but is so much more complicated than expected.

Another problem when choosing which tag, it seems like Pabbly only shows the latest 10 tags or so (and searching for a tag that is older is not shown on the list). I have more than 250 tags, and the "subscriber" tag is very far back in my list. Should I create a tag from scratch when using Pabbly, so that Pabbly can find it? (or is this a bug you can fix?)

Arshita

Staff member
The workflow you've created is correct. You can use the "Systeme.io: Search Contact by Email" as the second step.

All you need to do is set the filter condition based on the email, referencing the video tutorial I provided earlier.

2024-01-17_17h06_00.png

Another problem when choosing which tag, it seems like Pabbly only shows the latest 10 tags or so (and searching for a tag that is older is not shown on the list). I have more than 250 tags, and the "subscriber" tag is very far back in my list. Should I create a tag from scratch when using Pabbly, so that Pabbly can find it? (or is this a bug you can fix?)
I'd like to clarify that in the Systeme.io application, only some tags will be listed, not all 250 tags.

If you want specific tags, you need to search for them. We have added an action step for you. Now, you can select the tags you want using the tag name.

2024-01-17_17h03_00.png

Tisha

Thanks for that extra bit of information, but I still lack the full picture.
How are the other steps connected (this has been my original question all along).
Can you send an image of the WHOLE thing please?

Step 1: Manychat
Step 2: Search contact by email
Step 3: Router
Then comes a router step "if contact exists - search tag - add tag"?
And a router step "if contact does NOT exist - create contact - search tag - add tag"???

How do I filter the "email does not exist" option for the router step?

This is seemingly a basic automation but with so many steps it's extremely more complicated than if done by Zapier.
Could you perhaps film a tutorial?

Arshita

Staff member
Please check the screenshots of the workflow below. I have set everything for you in your workflow including the filter condition.

2024-01-17_17h34_40.png
1705493472664.png

2024-01-17_17h40_03.png
2024-01-17_17h40_17.png

Tisha

Thanks Arshita! I was testing it today and the complication was that I had to run the Manychat webhook response again, to include a not previously existing email, so the system would allow me to test both options (existing contact and new contact).
The test seemed ok, so I set it live and tried it from Instagram.
But the new contact that I added, was actually added but without a tag.

On the second option in the router, where the contact was not previously existing, I did not "search" for the tag since I had picked up the tag ID in the first option. Perhaps that was incorrect, and I needed to actually search for the tag ID in option two as well?

Arshita

Staff member
In this case, you have the option to disable the map feature, refresh the field, and then choose the tag from the dropdown menu. Afterward, you can enable the map option again.

This process will allow the field to retrieve the tag ID associated with the selected tag. If you cannot locate the tag in the dropdown menu, you may need to add an action step to search for the tag.

1705737875123.png