• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Create Google Doc [on 1st Record Only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivehead

Here are the steps I want:
  • Google Sheets sends data to Pabbly via Webhook
  • Create Google Doc
  • Populate Google Doc with each Google Sheets row
My question is: How do I create only one Google Doc? I don't want to make a new document for each row.

I tried using the Pabbly Router:
  • Route 1: Create document [1st record]
  • Route 2: Populate document [all other records]
The problem is that Route 2 can't map to the document created in Route 1.

Thank you!

Last edited:

nirk12

Im also a member like you (not staff). But here is what i suggest.

You can create a Template Document (watch videos on how to transfer data from Google Sheets to Google Doc / Google Slides). It is just mapping the cells to the required places in the Document where you need by placing {{TEXT}} in curly parentheses in the Google Doc / Google Slides.

When you run, it will create new documents for each row. This is what you want. You dont need to use any Router logic here in the workflow.

fivehead

Im also a member like you (not staff). But here is what i suggest.

You can create a Template Document (watch videos on how to transfer data from Google Sheets to Google Doc / Google Slides). It is just mapping the cells to the required places in the Document where you need by placing {{TEXT}} in curly parentheses in the Google Doc / Google Slides.

When you run, it will create new documents for each row. This is what you want. You dont need to use any Router logic here in the workflow.
Thanks for your response! But I don't want a new document for each row - I only want 1 document that will be filled in with data taken from the spreadsheet.

I have it mostly working:
  • Webhook trigger (simple response, because advanced response isn't working for me?)
  • Counter (initial value = 0, increment by 1)
  • Router
    • IF initial counter = 0
      • Create document
    • IF initial counter != 0
      • Append to document
...but the counter isn't working as expected :-(

If I remove the counter from Pabbly and add a counter column to the spreadsheet (1 = 1st record, 2 = 2nd record, etc), it sometimes works, but other times, the webhook output grabs the last record from the spreadsheet first (as verified by Task History).

Frustrating, for sure.

fivehead

Hi @fivehead,

You can manually create a new document in your Google Docs account and then set up your workflow in this manner to achieve your use case.
Haha, but what is the point of an automation tool then? ;-)

The only manual step should be the data inserted into Google Sheets.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
You only need to create the document manually once. The point of automation is to automatically add newly add data to that specific document whenever a new row is added to your spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.