• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Delay capturing data from checkout cart in shopify?

Hani

I have a flow that triggers when a new checkout is created in shopify with the end result is creating a shopify draft order (see below). The issue I'm having is that when the customer checks out, we have an app "Automatic Discount and Gifts" that adds items to the cart and applies 100% discount to these items. It seems like the flow is not capturing the discount so when it creates the draft order, the item shows up in the draft order at full price; it is not discounted (see below).

1671774554550.png

The items shows up like this:
1671774983052.png

It should show up like this:
1671775055897.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Hani

It appears that the App which you are trying is not offering any discount in the automation and not reflecting on your Shopify.

Kindly check your application once.

Further, try passing the discount fields in the Shopify action step.

1671799807431.png

Hani

Thank you. I checked, the automatic discount app is running correctly and creates the discount. The app actually creates a draft order when it applies the automatic discount so I can see 2 draft orders. One draft order created by Pabbly that does not show the discount and another draft order created by the discount app that has the discount (see example below of 2 draft orders created at the same time with different total amount). I'm wondering if I can delay capturing the data by few seconds, if Pabbly then will capture the discount or if it is possible to create a trigger at the next step, meaning when the customer clicks on Continue to Payment (see below), instead of when checking out.
1671812250379.png

Example of 2 draft orders (one created by Pabbly ($490) and one created by the automaic discount app ($436)
1671812305006.png

Supreme

Staff member
try passing the discount fields in the Shopify action step.

1671799807431.png
Have you tried using the Discount field in the Shopify action step?

Regarding your concern to get the discounted details of the order after some time then you can try the Delay action step with "Get Order by Id" action steps.

1671863938838.png

Hani

The delay solution did not work, the discount is still not getting reflected. I don't think the line itemizer is capturing the discount; I don't see an option where I can apply the discount.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Hani

Please check the following screenshot on how you can get the multiple line items on Discount value here -

1672033148881.png

Hani

Thank you, the discount is still not being reflected on the draft order. Below are the settings I have applied.
1672237227938.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Hani

Kindly contact the Shopify support team regarding the same, since the action step of Shopify was built according to their API documentation.