• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Dropbox download links expire after few hours

edwardzev

I have automation Airtable-Dropbox:
Trigger:When record created in view>
Step1: Upload file to dropbox>
Step2: Update record (put download link from Step 1 in field).

Everything work great. Except - after few hours, link stop working and show 401 Error.
Why this happen?

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @edwardzev

It seems like Dropbox's API is showing an error because you might have passed the folder path incorrectly or in some executions, your file URL is missing due to which DropBox's API is returning the above-mentioned error.

Kindly remap the DropBox's action step and try again.

2021-12-21_10h47_56.png

Moreover, you can refer to our tutorial video for better understanding -

(Watch the second part of the video)

edwardzev

Thank you for a prompt reply.
The problem is that beforehand ACTION:Get record from airtable returned a lot of useful separate fields including direct link to file, link to thumbnail, resolution, etc
However, now it is combined in one field per one attachment.
2021-12-21 10.05.37 am.jpg

How in this case I populate the URL link for upload file to dropbox?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @edwardzev

The above data is in the JSON format and it has a lot of line items according to your data. In that case, you need to use the Iterator action step to fetch every file from your Airtable Get Record action event and it will forward all your line item data to your further action step.

Kindly try this at your end and let us know if you get stuck at any step.

2021-12-21_15h50_47.png

For a better understanding of the Iterator action step, please refer to our tutorial video -

edwardzev

This is awsome. Now I now how iterrator works.
However, after I manage to retrieve link and upload succesfully to dropbox. It return me the dropbox download link.
2021-12-21 12.58.26 pm.jpg
Which works perfectly, but after few hours stop working and redirect to error page.
Do you have an idea why?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @edwardzev

Regarding your concern, you need to toggle your Link expiration accordingly. Please check out the following screenshot and its respective documentation below.

2021-12-21_16h57_28.png