• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

dropbox trigger not working

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @AIATAX

Can you please record a short video on how you have passed a file in the DropBox path? So that we can look into it and help you accordingly.

Supreme

Staff member
As we can see from your video you are trying to run the video when you edit a file or modify a file as the trigger event doesn't work that way, so please note that the Dropbox New File trigger event is an event within Dropbox that allows you to automate actions or workflows based on the creation of a new file in your Dropbox account. Whenever a new file is added to a specified folder or directory, the New File trigger event is triggered, initiating a predefined action or series of actions.

For a better understanding, you can refer to the following video lesson -

(Watch the first part of the video)

AIATAX

if you actually watch the begining of the video you can clearly see that I am creating a file from scratch in the program and saving it to that drop box location. the file has a unique name that has never been in that folder before.

the 2nd part of the video yes, i did copy the file as a test to see if I could get the workflow to trigger.

BTW i have created 128 files in that folder since the claire edwards one was last saved on May 10th, so really as a trigger test it should be brining up any one of those other 100+ files

AIATAX

THANK YOU FOR THE VIDEO, WHILE I WAS ALREADY DOING ALL THOSE STEPS, I DID NOTICE THAT THE VISIBILITY OF MY FILES WAS NOT THE SAME AS THE FILE YOU WERE WORKING WITH, I CHANGED SOME db SETTINGS AND NOW THE TRIGGER IS WORKING AS SUPPOSED TO