• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Dynamic Google Folder/Sub-folder Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage

I think I am doing the steps correctly. My question is if when I map from my test requests... it seems to say "use this specific folder"

But what I am trying to do is create each new user their own specific folder (and set of sub-folders) to automate my onboarding process.

This should work. Right?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sage

As we can from your workflow you have mapped the corresponding values in their respective fields correctly and seems fine to us.

You can try the workflow and let us know if you have further queries.

Sage

See, I thought so as well. But I just had someone sign up... and the automation used the old data for google (and yet all the new data for the other steps), so I think I messed it up. I could really use some help. (as an aside it doesn't make a sub-account in goHighLevel... just a contact... but the bigger issue is this)

Sage

For whatever reason, Google is not making a folder based on the newly-entered information (AKA dynamically). It is only creating it off of static values. Perhaps I am passing it the wrong key?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sage

As we can see from your workflow, you have statically passed the Sub Folder name, so if you don't want the folders to be static then kindly pass the data accordingly instead of statically passing some value.
2022-05-27_16h27_19.png

Sage

I think what I did not explain well enough was this... I am making subfolders after the creation of the main folder. The main folder is always: "Capture the name of the company that was entered... and use that as the name of the main folder"

The subfolders, then, that are meant to go inside of the main company folder are... like 3 of them:

Images
Documents
Customer List or database

Those 3 go inside the main folder. So the main folder is dynamically made off of the name of the company (and it serves as an HQ for the company and they put all their assets in there).

And then the 3 subfolders are always named the same and always go inside the main one.

But what is happening to me is that the new folder (the dynamic one) doesn't go in as dynamic. It retains the name of the data I submitted in the testing stage.

Does that explain it better?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Sage

We understand your point of concern, kindly make real-time submissions to your workflow and check whether your parent folders get created dynamically or not.

While setting up the workflow it will look like you are making things static but after you try the workflow after setting up the workflow you will be getting the parent folder to be created dynamically.

So, please give a real-time submission to your workflow and let us know how it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.