• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Email Parser Trigger: Only executes for the first Automation, Unable to catch additional titles for other Automations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrill

Hi there,

I could successfully setup this automation.

However, when I try to add additional automations to do other tasks by simply changing the subject line of the emails, those tasks are not getting executed. My questions

1. Can you confirm that I can use the same email address to trigger different automations by simply changing the subject line?
2. Why are my tasks not getting executed?

Cyrill

Hi there,
I don't get your answer to my first question. What do you mean?

This means I can only use the Email Trigger once for my entire account and if I want to further capture different emails I always have to use the Data Forwarder?

What about if I want to use a second email inbox? Can I get a second email capture address from you?

See my account, only 1 Email Trigger is executed. Two other workflows do not react to anything.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Cyrill

1. Can you confirm that I can use the same email address to trigger different automations by simply changing the subject line?
Each automation in Pabbly Connect is associated with a specific trigger event, and in the case of the Email Parser trigger event, the subject line of the email is often can be used as a key identifier to distinguish between different workflows.

When you create multiple Email Parser trigger events in Pabbly Connect, each can be designed to trigger different automation based on specific keywords or patterns in the subject line with the help of Data Forwarder which will forward the same data to another workflow and can use the Filter action step to trigger the specific workflow according to the subject mention in your email. So, by sending an email to the same email address with different subject lines, you can activate different automation, allowing you to handle various tasks or workflows efficiently using a single email address.

Else, you can use the Router action step where you can perform the same design to perform the automation in a single workflow.

Cyrill

Thank you.

But I am still confused. Based on my observations the facts the follwoing:

1. The first Automation with Email Parser Trigger is executed correctly.
2. The second and third Automation checking the emails from the same inbox are not executed. To me it looks the email is set to "read" from the first automation, thats why the second and third automation are not trigger

Q1: Can you confirm this is the case? Does the first automation set Email Status to Read? Emails with Read Status do not Trigger the Automation 2-3.?

Q2: Or is it possible to use the same email inbox and setup 3 different automations which catch different keywords at hte same time? Do you know examples where this is done? If yes, a video would be helpful.

I do understand that that I could use the Data Forward and Router to be inserted in the the first automation to forward the data to the second and third automation. Yes I can try that but it seems cumbersome and the workflow becomes a monster requiring lots of time configuring and debugging. I would prefer setting up 3 different simple workflows, each checking the same email inbox for different subject lines and trigger when a match is found.

Q3: Another question raised is why can I not get a second email webhook (for a different email address)?
I think that would also solve that problem.

Please answer these Questions Q1,Q2,Q3.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Cyrill

By default, Gmail allows you to forward emails to a single email address. However, there are some workarounds to forward emails to multiple addresses as well:

Using Filters: You can set up filters in Gmail to automatically forward emails that meet specific criteria (e.g., emails from a particular sender or with certain keywords) to different email addresses. Each filter can be configured to forward matching emails to a different destination.

Using Gmail Forwarding Address: If you want to forward emails to multiple addresses within Gmail's settings, you can create a forwarding address, which is a unique email address provided by Gmail. You can then set up filters or forwarding rules to forward emails from your Gmail account to this forwarding address, and Gmail will automatically redirect those emails to the specified destinations.

Here's how you can set up email forwarding in Gmail:

1. Open Gmail and click on the gear icon (Settings) in the top-right corner.
2. Select "See all settings" from the dropdown menu.
3. Go to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
4. Click on "Add a forwarding address" and enter the email address you want to forward messages to.
5. Gmail will send a verification email to the forwarding address. Follow the instructions in the verification email to confirm the forwarding address.
6. Once the forwarding address is confirmed, go back to the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
7. Choose the "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" option and select the forwarding address from the dropdown menu.
8. Decide whether you want to keep a copy of the forwarded email in your Gmail inbox or not.
9. Click on "Save Changes."

Remember, forwarding emails to multiple addresses using Gmail's native forwarding option can be limited to a single forwarding address. To forward emails to multiple destinations, you can explore using filters or Gmail forwarding addresses as described earlier.

Cyrill

I realized when you create email parser automations from scratch, you get a new email address. When you clone an existing workflow, then it seems to take the old email address and not sure if that can be changed again. This seems to solve my problem now. Thank you.

Supreme

Staff member
Once you clone the workflow, you would be required to configure the webhook/pc mail hook in your application again to run the cloned workflow.

Cyrill

Once you clone the workflow, you would be required to configure the webhook/pc mail hook in your application again to run the cloned workflow.
Yes, actually it creates a new email address each time I clone. I missed it the first time because only a few digits are different. Once I manage to forward to the new email address, the workflow is triggered. Had to try several time until I figured it out but now makes all sense. It works great now!

Status
Not open for further replies.