• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

• Please note that the team will not be available on April 17th, 2024, due to a public holiday in India.

During this period, support assistance may experience some delays.

Error in Text-Formatter -> Truncate ?

Ulf

When I select "End: True" in Text-Formatter-Truncate it still works from the beginning of the string. Is this correct? I am trying to isolate the file extension at the end of a URL, but it is still returning the first 4 characters...

See attached image

Thank you
Ulf

Attachments

• PabblyTextFormatter-Error.jpg
    PabblyTextFormatter-Error.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 107

Neeraj

Administrator
Staff member
When I select "End: True" in Text-Formatter-Truncate it still works from the beginning of the string. Is this correct? I am trying to isolate the file extension at the end of a URL, but it is still returning the first 4 characters...

See attached image

Thank you
Ulf
Just an alternative that you can use to fetch 4 characters from the right using Spreadsheet Formulas.

1618190673619.png

Reactions: Ulf
P

PabblyMember3

See attached image

Thank you
Ulf
Hello Ulf,

Just to inform you that, truncate string always reads your string from left to right and truncates the given string from the left to the given number of characters, you can pass the number of characters to skip along with the ending ellipsis text. eg: ... (3 dots)

We have updated the help text of the same. Please check the attached image

Attachments

• Truncate.png
    Truncate.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: Ulf

Ulf

Hello Ulf,

Just to inform you that, truncate string always reads your string from left to right and truncates the given string from the left to the given number of characters, you can pass the number of characters to skip along with the ending ellipsis text. eg: ... (3 dots)

We have updated the help text of the same. Please check the attached image
Ok, thanks for the clarification! To be picky, there's a typo in the new help text: "ture" should be "true" ;):cool: