• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Excel as Source

Hi

It is my first workflow, my necesity is export to MySql from Excel.

For this I made a workflow, the origin app is excel and the triger is New Row in Whorksheet.

But I have few rows in the worksheet previuos to the first import.

I cut all the rows, saved and closed the excel, open again and paste all the rows.

Also I placed a new row in the sheet.

After first Task, only one row was transfered, the last that I place manually.

1.- How couls I force to import allrows ?
2.- Normally the rows of this excel worksheet will be inserted by a vba macro ( automatically ), will this triger the workflow task ?

Thank you

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @Alfredo YM,

1.- How couls I force to import allrows ?
The "Microsoft Excel: New Row in a Worksheet" trigger only captures the last row added to your worksheet, so importing the entire data of an existing worksheet is not possible.

2.- Normally the rows of this excel worksheet will be inserted by a vba macro ( automatically ), will this triger the workflow task ?
Please check out the thread attached below:

Hi @ArshilAhmad

Thanks,

The "Microsoft Excel: New Row in a Worksheet" trigger only captures the last row added to your worksheet.

1. Does it means that if several rows are added during the last 8 hours, the trigger only will capture lastone ?

Undestand that the trigger in not "capturing" the rows that i'm adding by copy&paste, even in the lastone.

2. Is there any chance for trigger recognize it ?, ( pasting by insert or anyother way )
3. will trigger recognize if the macho insert a new row in the middel ( will be last added, but not the last in the excel worksheet ) ?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
1. Does it means that if several rows are added during the last 8 hours, the trigger only will capture lastone ?
No, 8 hours is just the polling time. You can add data to multiple rows; each row will be treated as a separate task, and your workflow will be triggered for each newly added row.

Undestand that the trigger in not "capturing" the rows that i'm adding by copy&paste, even in the lastone.
Could you please add the data by copy-pasting it to the last row of your worksheet once more?

3. will trigger recognize if the macho insert a new row in the middel ( will be last added, but not the last in the excel worksheet ) ?
No, the data has to be added to the last row of your worksheet.

Hi,

Could you please add the data by copy-pasting it to the last row of your worksheet once more?
I copied the last row and paste in next row, but no effects.

Also I ran this code in vba,

For a = 2 To 50
For b = 1 To 26
Cells(a + 50, b) = Cells(a, b)
Next b
Next a

Filling 49 Rows with the data from the rows 2-50,

This also doesn't trigger the workflows.

Also 8h waiting the process doesn't help to solve.

Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Can you please record a short video on share it with us on Google Drive link how you are passing the macros in an MS Excel sheet?