• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Facebook Group deprecated?

In one of my workflows, I have an action to post to a Facebook group. That action shows deprecated now and I am unable to connect a new Facebook connection to it.

Is this action deprecated, and if so, can I replace it with something else? I don’t see anything for Facebook Groups as options in actions now.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hi @mikejandreau,

Yes, as of April 22, 2024, Meta has deprecated the Facebook Group API from their end. This change affects all triggers and actions related to Facebook Groups in your Pabbly Connect automation workflows.

Here are the key points to keep in mind:

• Deprecation Details: The Facebook Groups API, including all related permissions and reviewable features, has been deprecated in v19 and will be removed from all versions, Learn more.
  • Workflow Impact: All automation workflows using Facebook Groups in Pabbly Connect will no longer work. This includes both existing workflows and the creation of new ones.

The doc says:
A major use case for the Groups API was Private Replies in groups. We're rolling out another change in v19 which will enable that use case without developers needing to use the Groups API at all. For most Private Replies developers, there will be no changes to make in v19. For developers that were relying on calls to the Groups Post endpoints through Groups API after receiving a Private Replies webhook, those developers will now need to ensure they're using a Page Access Token for those requests.

Is Pabbly doing something to continue making posting to a Facebook Group?