• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Get Google drive location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever a new file gets uploaded in Google Drive > I wish to get the name of the parent's folders so that I can use it to rename the file.

Eg: Trigger: file gets uploaded in (Path: My drive > Companies > IBM > 144 > Newfile.pdf)
Action: Rename "Newfile.pdf" as "IBM 144 Newfile.pdf"(derived from the folder name in which it's uploaded).

But all information that we could get from Google Drive triggers and action steps is just the file name, file Id, and Parent ID. How to get a Parent folder name or a proper file location or path?

If you could just add actions like:
1. "Get the parent folder name"
and
2. "get folder name from the id" that would really help

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tanya Saxena

Kindly try the "Global Search" action step once to search the name of the folder via Id of it.

1686568859440.png

Shows an error. And the value that goes is 'field' is what we wanna get in response. Right? not the value by which we wish to search?

Attachments

• googlr drive.jpg
    googlr drive.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Tanya Saxena

We have checked all the possibilities for searching the folder with the help of its Id but unfortunately, there is no option available to do so.

Supreme

Staff member
Kindly try the following action step once which we have created for the desired task.

1686635610063.png

Status
Not open for further replies.