• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Calendar to SMS - What happens if event changes?

I am attempting to use Pabbly to send text messages. If I pick the trigger as New Event in Google Calendar, what happens if the event is either CHANGED in the Google Calendar or DELTED from the Google Calendar?

For example, if the EVENT is CANCELLED will the SMS not be sent?

If the EVENT is CHANGED from Monday at 5p to Wednesday at 4p, will it wait until Tuesday at 4p to send the SMS?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Hey @onetwothree,

If you are using the Google Calendar: New Event trigger, changes in your event or deletion of your event will have no impact on the trigger as it only gets executed when a new event is created.

For example, if the EVENT is CANCELLED will the SMS not be sent?

If the EVENT is CHANGED from Monday at 5p to Wednesday at 4p, will it wait until Tuesday at 4p to send the SMS?
To answer this, I will need you to grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member.

Hey @onetwothree,

If you are using the Google Calendar: New Event trigger, changes in your event or deletion of your event will have no impact on the trigger as it only gets executed when a new event is created.

To answer this, I will need you to grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member.

Is there a trigger similar to EVENT STARTS like Zapier uses? I see EVENT STARTED in Pabbly, but that would mean something different.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Is there a trigger similar to EVENT STARTS like Zapier uses? I see EVENT STARTED in Pabbly, but that would mean something different.
As of now, we don't have a such trigger, but we do have a workaround for it. Based on my limited understanding of your use case, I would suggest using Date/Time Formatter: Add/Subtract Time and Delay: Until as your action steps, along with Google Calendar as your trigger event.

In this example, your workflow will be executed 48 hours before the start of your event.
1685038797330.png