• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Contact Error: 400 FAILED_PRECONDITION

I'm trying to use Pabbly to update the custom fields in the Google Contact, and I have 2 questions.
1. I got an error 400. What does this mean?
Task History ID: IjU3NjcwNTZhMDYzNzA0Mzc1MjY0NTUzNTUxMzE1MTZiNTQzMCI_3D_pc
Step Name: Google Contacts > Update Contact
Connection Name: Google Contacts #1
Task Error Detail:

{
"error > code": 400,
"error > message": "Request person.etag is different than the current person.etag. Clear local cache and get the latest person.",
"error > status": "FAILED_PRECONDITION"
}

2. There is only 1 custom field in the Pabbly - Update Google Contact flow, but I want to add 3 custom fields to the contact. What shall I do? Can I comma separate all the custom fields?
Thank you
Lan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 10.07.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-02 at 10.07.12 PM.png
    222.7 KB · Views: 46

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @valuefocusre

I'm trying to use Pabbly to update the custom fields in the Google Contact, and I have 2 questions.
1. I got an error 400. What does this mean?
Task History ID: IjU3NjcwNTZhMDYzNzA0Mzc1MjY0NTUzNTUxMzE1MTZiNTQzMCI_3D_pc
Step Name: Google Contacts > Update Contact
Connection Name: Google Contacts #1
Task Error Detail:

{
"error > code": 400,
"error > message": "Request person.etag is different than the current person.etag. Clear local cache and get the latest person.",
"error > status": "FAILED_PRECONDITION"
}
In terms to update the contact, you need to map the Contact ID and the Contact Tag from the Search Contact action step.

Though we have correctly mapped the ids in the action step.

1675412735433.png

2. There is only 1 custom field in the Pabbly - Update Google Contact flow, but I want to add 3 custom fields to the contact. What shall I do? Can I comma separate all the custom fields?

Also, to use the more custom field please use the "Add/Update Custom field" action step.

1675412918865.png

Further, we have noticed you have passed the Custom field labels and values in the wrong manner.

Please pass the Label in the "Custom Filed Name Label" and the Value in the "Custom Field Value" field.

1675412993855.png

I changed to "Add/Update Custom field" action step, and the person is selected (not manually filled), but still get the same error: "Request person.etag is different than the current person.etag. Clear local cache and get the latest person."
Where did I do wrong? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 11.58.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 11.58.30 PM.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 49

ichilddev

Hey @valuefocusre

We have tried the action step in your workflow and it is working fine. Please check accordingly and try.

View attachment 21310
HI Support,

On this same issue, why is there an issue when i have wanted to update the Google Contact after i have

1. Updated the Workflow with the new Update Contact method (the old one is deprecated)

2. Search contact display the right ResourceName
ResourceName is Similar.jpg

3. Update Contact does not have the Etag anymore!
Update Contact does not have the Etag anymore.jpg

4. Kept showing this Error Message when there's no field to be allowed to indicate the Etag.

etag different when ResourceName are the Same.jpg

There seems to be no way to update Google Contact anymore!

Workflow Name: EduTalent Update Google Contact
Route: Candidate Email & Google ID Match

ichilddev

After remapping the Resource Name and it is working fine.

View attachment 24826
Hi Thanks for your prompt reply.

I believe you are working on the wrong step. The step with issue is the 2nd one:
Google Contacts: Update Contact. Not Google Contacts : Add/Update Custom Fields

Google Contacts Update Contact.jpg

In this Google Contact: Update Contact, there is no ETAG, and it is showing ERROR when click on Save & Send Test Request.

Supreme

Staff member
I believe you are working on the wrong step. The step with issue is the 2nd one:
Google Contacts: Update Contact. Not Google Contacts : Add/Update Custom Fields

Google Contacts Update Contact.jpg

In this Google Contact: Update Contact, there is no ETAG, and it is showing ERROR when click on Save & Send Test Request.
We have tried the action step in the same router action step.

Please check its response. As you have tested in the given action step from your previously mentioned details.

There seems to be no way to update Google Contact anymore!

Workflow Name: EduTalent Update Google Contact
Route: Candidate Email & Google ID Match