• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Contacts - Update contact's Etag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Task History ID
IjU3NjAwNTZhMDYzZTA0MzQ1MjY1NTUzZDUxM2E1MTYxNTQzMiI_3D_pc
Hi, I'm experiencing the following error with my workflow:
Error Code400
Error MessageRequest person.etag is different than the current person.etag. Clear local cache and get the latest person.
Error StatusFAILED_PRECONDITION

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @BusinessOnSteroids

Please note that if you are trying to update certain fields from the "Google Contact: Update Contact" action step then make sure that all the fields which are mentioned to updates are coming from your trigger response.

1687412838955.png

Thank you.
I've updated the history id with a different execution so you won't be distracted by empty fields and focus on the Etag issue.
Kindly give a look at it and come back with a solution.
I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Please check carefully, you haven't passed the phone number in the action step whereas you have selected the phoneNumbers in the "Fields To Be Update".

2023-06-22_15h24_13.png

Thank you for your message.
However, I kindly request you to double-check the details. In the "Fields To Be Updated" section, I intentionally removed both the email addresses and phone numbers, so there should not be any phone number included.

As a reference, please take a look at the previous message where I emphasized our focus on resolving the Etag issue. I have already updated the history ID with a different execution to eliminate any distractions caused by empty fields.

Your assistance in finding a solution to the Etag issue is greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing back from you with any further insights or suggestions.

Thank you once again for your help.
1687439044877.png

1687439193266.png

Also kindly note that the first time the workflow is executed, it succeds. All subsequent tasks fail.
1687440321392.png

Last edited:
Finally, it's working.
Let me point out a few things:
  • First of all, now the ETAG is required for the action, therefore an additional step is required if the trigger isn't the Google contact item itself.
  • Let me quote your prior messages: "Please note that if you are trying to update certain fields from the "Google Contact: Update Contact" action step then make sure that all the fields which are mentioned to updates are coming from your trigger response."
    AND
    "Please check carefully, you haven't passed the phone number in the action step whereas you have selected the phoneNumbers in the "Fields To Be Update"."
    These assumptions are wrong. When a field is selected and the item's value equal to empty, then contact's updated field become empty aswell.
    This works flawlessy and is the only way that I know to clear a populated field.
  • The "addresses formatted value" splits addresses by commas, which is commonly used worldwide as separator and is normally part of the addresses. Thus any address like "Bengaluru Palace, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India" will figure in the updated contacts as:
    {
    "Address1": "Bengaluru Palace",
    "Address2":"Bengaluru",
    "Address3":"Karnataka",
    "Address4":"India"
    }
    I will open a new ticket for it.
Thank you for now

Status
Not open for further replies.