• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google file rename with problem of File ID always show of last record like not trigger, but trigger do work

henrylau

I check with other post, but it is different.

Please see the below video.

My goal:
Change the name of a upload file in google drive.

Work flow 2 steps:
1) Trigger: Infinity attribute is changed and trigger by webhook. (Yes, it trigger and activate in the video.)
2) Change name with file ID is given.

Problem:
File name do not change.

Other:
I test the process. The file name can be changed.

My suspection:
The step 1 work, but step 2 do not work.

What my request:-
Please see video, and advise solution.

Thanks,
Henry Lau

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @henrylau

As I can check from your workflow, I can confirm that the file ID is now successfully listed, and you have already selected the file ID. Please inform me if you have any additional concerns.

1702530732909.png

henrylau

Yes, now it can find the ID. But it still do not work. The name of file is not changed in google drive.

I find there are two problem.

In the work flow, there are two steps. 1) Trigger with webhooK, 2) Change the name in google drive.

In step 1) When I change the attribute in infinity. It does not trigger Step 1. When I go to step 1 click capture, and go to infinity to chang the attribute, now it can capture. It means when the capture button is pushed, it can be trigger. If the caputure is not pushed, it is not capture automatically. You can see the youtube. This symtom repeats.
In step 2) Change the name. When Step 1) Trigger is started. Step 2) Do not start automatically, until i push the manual capture again.
It seems to be both step 1 and step 2 are not reacted until I push the manual capture.

Please kindly check and help.

Arshita

Staff member
I have reviewed your workflow and observed that the response from Infinity has been successfully captured, and subsequent changes in attributes and file renaming have been executed.

In the "Google Drive: Rename a File" action step, you have mapped certain details, which are reflected below, and upon checking the task history, I confirm that the details you have mapped are successfully received, resulting in the successful change of the file name.

1702616621823.png

1702617399299.png

1702616801288.png

henrylau

Dear Arshita,
Thanks for your quick answer. However, the workflow of Rename file in google drive still reminded not work.
In order to give you full picture, I have listed the whole progress in two work flow in below link.

Work Flow 1) EMail phaser to Infinity and file in Googrive.
It works 100% OK.
Work flow 2) Infinity arttribute change trigger to Google drive - name change.
It does not work.

The trigger does not work, when I only change the attribute -label "Doc flow" into (Attribute).
The trigger works, when I click the RECAPTURE in the Pabbly first, then change the attribute -label "Doc flow" into (Attribute).

In addition, even I manually re-capture to accept the trigger data. The google rename step do not start.
I map the File ID, and find that the File ID recorded in Infinity item attribute named *File ID are not transfered until I manually refresh field.

Please see the testing video, and give your comments.

Arshita

Staff member
Thank you for sharing the video with us.

After reviewing your video and workflow, I've identified the issue. It appears that you are repeatedly clicking on the "Recapture Response," causing the new data to be captured.

Consequently, the below mapping turns red because it was initially mapped from the 1st response of the trigger. To resolve this, you don't need to click on the "Recapture" option for every response.

Capture the response once and perform the mapping in the subsequent steps only once. After that, change the attribute as needed, and check if the automation works correctly.

henrylau

Dear Arshita,
Thanks. Your opinion is that the fault is due to my repeating click of "Recapture".
OK, I inactive the workflow, and rewrite a new wolkflow. Just have a initial recapture in the first set up.
The result is:-
The first time: The rename success.
The second time: The rename failure.
(It seems to be the trigger failure in the second time change of the attribute in infinity. However, all the operation are the same in two times.)

I take a full progress video as below. (It is a little long, but you can jump to the end 5 minutes to see.

Your answer is highly appreciated.

Henry Lau

Arshita

Staff member
I have reviewed your video, and it appears that the reason the file name is not changing is that you've set the file field as static in the "Google Drive: Rename a File" action step.

1702883912056.png

To enable automatic file name changes, you should map the file dynamically in the file field. This way, when you receive a file from the Infinity trigger step, it will automatically proceed to the subsequent action step and change the file name accordingly. I have mapped the file dynamically; please check, perform a test response, and confirm if the file name is now changing.

1702883940168.png

henrylau

Thank you.
I get your meaning. The file should be chosen a dyamic name from infinity but not static file name.
However, I cannot choose dyamic name from infinity. There is no choice there. Please check if your program work well?
Please see my video below:-

henrylau

Thank you.
I get your meaning. The file should be chosen a dyamic name from infinity but not static file name.
However, I cannot choose dyamic name from infinity. There is no choice there. Please check if your program work well?
Please see my video below:-

henrylau

I notice that you have change to dyamic name.
I have prepare 3 files to be changed the name.However, none of these file success to be renamed.

henrylau

I also receive the error message mail from Pabbly.

Hello Henry Lau,
This email is to notify you that for the workflow "Infinity attribute change trigger to rename the file in google drive" , a recent task was not executed due to following error -​
Task History ID: IjU3NjIwNTY4MDYzZTA0Mzc1MjZiNTUzMDUxMzE1MTY1NTQzNyI_3D_pc
Step Name: Google Drive > Rename a File
Connection Name: Google Drive #21
Task Error Detail:
{
"response": "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html lang=en>\n <meta charset=utf-8>\n <meta name=viewport content="initial-scale=1, minimum-scale=1, width=device-width">\n <title>Error 404 (Not Found)!!1</title>\n <style>\n *{margin:0;padding:0}html,code{font:15px/22px arial,sans-serif}html{background:#fff;color:#222;padding:15px}body{margin:7% auto 0;max-width:390px;min-height:180px;padding:30px 0 15px}* > body{background:url(//www.google.com/images/errors/robot.png) 100% 5px no-repeat;padding-right:205px}p{margin:11px 0 22px;overflow:hidden}ins{color:#777;text-decoration:none}a img{border:0}@media screen and (max-width:772px){body{background:none;margin-top:0;max-width:none;padding-right:0}}#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/1x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;margin-left:-5px}@media only screen and (min-resolution:192dpi){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat 0% 0%/100% 100%;-moz-border-image:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) 0}}@media only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio:2){#logo{background:url(//www.google.com/images/branding/googlelogo/2x/googlelogo_color_150x54dp.png) no-repeat;-webkit-background-size:100% 100%}}#logo{display:inline-block;height:54px;width:150px}\n </style>\n <a href=//www.google.com/><span id=logo aria-label=Google></span></a>\n <p><b>404.</b> <ins>That’s an error.</ins>\n <p>The requested URL <code>/drive/v3/files/https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIWwduoHniSO5Wc0VvjQw4zNhVuJnrMF/view?fields=*&amp;supportsAllDrives=true</code> was not found on this server. <ins>That’s all we know.</ins>\n"
}

Arshita

Staff member
I have again made some changes to your workflow, and it is not working. please try again from your end and let me know if you're still facing the issue.

2023-12-19_15h45_03.png

henrylau

Thank you for your effort.

The problem has been solved. I change the progress. I combine different label names in infinity, and import the combined name to google to renew name, rather than combine different lables name inside the google drive rename step.

Thanks truthfully for your kind help! Good support!
Welldone!

Henry