• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheets automation not executing

ghalitzka

I've had a problem a few times where one of my employees fills out a row in Google Sheets which is supposed to trigger Pabbly automations...but for no reason I can discern, the automations do not trigger. There's no error message and nothing in the Pabbly log...it's simply that nothing happens, as though the webhook event never occurred. If I go into the relevant row in Google Sheets and delete then refill the contents of the trigger column, everything executes just fine on the second try. Do you have any idea what might be causing this problem? The workflow URL is where the problem most recently occurred. (I can't provide a task history ID because none was generated...as I said, there's nothing at all in the Pabbly log.) Thank you!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ghalitzka

You can only use "Send On Event" when setting up Google Sheets if the data is coming from a Google application or if you manually enter it. If the data is coming from a third-party application, however, you may need to choose "Auto Send On Schedule" or "Send on Schedule," which will forward the data in exactly one hour.

Additionally, make sure the data was filled up to your trigger column.

1684755790661.png

Moreover, for a better understanding of the trigger event of Google Sheets and the initial setup, you can check the following video lesson.

ghalitzka

I'm afraid your response doesn't address my concern. The workflow typically executes just fine. The problem is that on rare occasions, it does not execute at all. But when that happens, there is no error logged or any other indication that the trigger was received into the workflow. Nonetheless, the trigger column was completed in Google Sheets, and there's no visible reason why the workflow did not execute. Can you offer any insights on that problem? Thank you!

Supreme

Staff member
The workflow typically executes just fine. The problem is that on rare occasions, it does not execute at all. But when that happens, there is no error logged or any other indication that the trigger was received into the workflow.
We need more information on when and in what condition it is not getting triggered.

Also, please share the task history ID from your workflow where you have noticed the same.

ghalitzka

Unfortunately, I don't know in what conditions it's not being triggered--it seems to be random. There is no task history ID from the workflow when it doesn't trigger (I wish there was because I realize it would make troubleshooting easier), but when this problem occurs, it's as though Pabbly simply never received a webhook. But it's clear that the trigger column in our spreadsheet has been completed and therefore should have started the workflow.

The error occurred in this Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LEncMUQ-3nxGfnT9skMI2Cu_U/edit#gid=1738955149 in row 18. An employee filled in the whole row, including marking an X in trigger column AZ, but the workflow did not execute. When I deleted the employee's entry in column AZ and marked an X again the next day, it executed just fine. The workflow in Pabbly is https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NmMwNTZmMDYzNTA0MzU1MjZlNTUzNiI_3D_pc

Thanks for any insights you can provide!

Supreme

Staff member
Can you please tell us that are you getting the data in the Google Sheets from a third-party application or adding manually?

Supreme

Staff member
In that case, it is not possible to trace the problem from the Google Sheets.

We can suggest you use a new Google Sheets or capture the webhook response again. Since the Google Sheets trigger event is working fine at our end as it is processing the Google Sheets data accordingly.

Supreme

Staff member
Are you feeding the data to your main Google Sheets manually or getting it with the help of Formula or Appscript?