• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Google Sheets Not Working with On Event or On Schedule

vemarketing

So I switched over to Pabbly from Automate.io where I had a bunch of Google Sheets triggers setup in. So I mirrored those tasks in Pabbly. My problem is the trigger of "New or Updated Rows" is never working correctly.

In my Google Sheet I have script that imports a report I have (in a CSV) format into a specific sheet, from there I have another sheet that takes that data and formats it in the way I need it. The formated sheet just uses some formulas that reference the import sheet. This sheet is the sheet I need to trigger my operations in Pabbly. But it seems no matter what i do checking "On Event" or "On Schedule" it never wants to sync the data over as it changes. Its very frustrating as my operations have no stopped working the way they were intented to since switching to Pabbly. Can you please help me out with why this isn't working? The only thing i can do to make it work is go into the Google Sheet and click on "Send All Data" in the extension.

Here is a simple operation path of how my sheet is setup:
1. Google Script is scheduled to import data from a CSV file in Google Drive to Sheet A
2. Sheet B has a bunch of formulas reformating the RAW CSV data that was imported.
3. Sheet C is my final Sheet which has a Google Query filtering the columns and data needed from Sheet B. (This sheet is the one i have the Pabbly Connect webhook setup on)

I had this same setup with Automate.io and it worked flawlessly every time new Data was imported into Sheet A.

I want to like Pabbly Connect as it seems straight forward and the price is inline with what i like to spend but it's disappointing that it doesn't work the way it should.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @vemarketing

We strictly asked our users to not use any kind of formulas or any filter in their Google Sheets to trigger the workflow. Since it might affect the incoming data with the app script.

1665815910112.png

vemarketing

Where do you mention of this? And why would it be so restricted other platforms like Automate.io and Zapier work with no problem. I even wrote a script to copy source data from one sheet to another target sheet (which has no formulas or filters) and that still doesn't work correctly.

Other than just telling me that you strictly ask not to use formulas or filters can you provide some context into how to achieve a reliable trigger?

I also tried to use a schedule trigger then get the rows of the sheet with the intent of using illitertion but that wouldn't work either as the illitertion would show null for the array source.

Is there maybe something as far as a function goes that I could call within a Google app script to push the data manually as needed?

Chase

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @vemarketing

We will definitely add the instruction in the Pabbly Connects add-on in the Google Sheets extension.

But meanwhile, we are not supporting the app script on Google Sheets to trigger the data to the workflow.

Though we have forwarded your concern to our integration team and will try to add such a feature to Google Sheets.

vemarketing

I guess I still didn't get my questions answered here, making your system not useful for me at the moment.

1. Do you have a suggestion on how I could make it work with my current setup, maybe coping data from the sheet to another, or fetch the data range on a schedule and then going through each row of data sending to another applicaton.

2. I tried to setup a scheduled task of "GET ROWS" with Google Sheets, then use "Iterator by Pabbly" to go through the fetched rows, but everytime I try this the "Choose Array" is blank or no data to select. Is this broken or is there a certain way to do it?

Supreme

Staff member
1. Do you have a suggestion on how I could make it work with my current setup, maybe coping data from the sheet to another, or fetch the data range on a schedule and then going through each row of data sending to another applicaton.
I am afraid to say that as of now it is not possible to trigger the workflow with any import range formula or app script.

2. I tried to setup a scheduled task of "GET ROWS" with Google Sheets, then use "Iterator by Pabbly" to go through the fetched rows, but everytime I try this the "Choose Array" is blank or no data to select. Is this broken or is there a certain way to do it?
Please share the name of the workflow, so that we can look into it and can guide you accordingly.