• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

hello pabbly team I need assistance regarding, my use case

alaa bebar

hello, pabbly team I need assistance regarding, my use case.
I have set up an automation that gathers documents and creates folders on the email address with the help of @ArshilAhmad
I want to set an automation for my accountant that does order invoices in Google Drive:
1-searching the suppliers list from a Google sheet that I write in a column, the automation will search these folders in Google Drive.
2-after that the automation will create a folder from the list of suppliers list that is provided.
3-the automation will filter the documents in each Google Drive and open a folder for each month:
for example, the folder in the main account Google Drive is named Alaa, the automation will create in the other account Google Drive a folder named Alaa and filter the date uploaded, and create a folder for the month and year period.
I hope I elaborated my use case well.
I'm adding a screenshot explaining what I, trying to accomplish:
screenshot of the main account automation that gathers documents:
1713517288095.png

what im trying to accomplish in my other account will look like this:
the autoamtion will upload to my other drive account in the folder named expenses:
1713517537815.png

after then the automation will create the suplliers folders by the email adreeses i provided im google sheet i have set:
1713517649170.png

after that the automation will filter the the date of file uploaded to the drive and creates a folder named bt the month and year:
1713517785754.png

after that it will upload the ducuments depends on the date and year the uploaded in the main google drive account:
1713517912251.png

alaa bebar

or more simply i want the automation will gather all documents from the supplier email address list to the January folder etc etc....

Luv

Hey @alaa bebar

We have checked into the possibility of building this workflow. So, while this scenario seems achievable, it's quite complex and intricate for us to assist you with every individual step. We suggest considering consulting with an expert for this task, as our support is primarily focused on addressing any issues or bugs you encounter during your use of Pabbly Connect.

Kindly refer to this thread - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-experts-and-consultants.22/
Further you can also ask for hiring automation expert in our Facebook group over here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pabbly.connect/

alaa bebar

hello @Luv, I did explain myself wrong I know how to build most of the workflow, just need basic assistance.
I'll share it with you or @ArshilAhmad OR @Supreme since I joined Pabbly I get guidance and help from them, if I share my workflow and can give me a headstart or guidance I'll be grateful to you.

alaa bebar

hello, I have set the workflow to the point that the automation defers if the email address is related to a revenue invoice or expense invoice.
what should I implement further on the router?
the next step is creating an action that creates a month/year folder in revenue or expense if the time the automation triggers if there a new documents and uploading them to each category.
here's the workflow till now I, continuing to try proceeding just give me guidance or aware me if I settled something wrong regarding my use case

alaa bebar

should i capture the header date and forwarder function in order to create a file for each month
1713539074730.png

and then use the forwarder to my forkflow, and i need some guidance here where are you @Supreme @Luv @ArshilAhmad
1713539177068.png

the problem here that my first trigger action is scheduled in my flow, help, please!!!

Luv

Hey @alaa bebar

Sure, you can use the "Header Date" to create the folder for month. Although, for extracting the month name only, you will have to use Text Formatter.

1713598320104.png

Further, you have scheduled the trigger to run once every week, in that manner, your workflow will create a folder with the same month name four times. For this, we would recommend you make another workflow dedicated to creating the Month Folder only. You can schedule it for once a month so that you do not end up with multiple folders for the same month.

Also, let us know if you want to search Google Sheets for revenue only or both revenue and expenses, so that we can assist you accordingly.

1713599377045.png

alaa bebar

hello @Luv , the answer is yes I want to look I want to map both revenue and expenses before the automation gets to the point of the router the automation will start there if the email address is related to revenue category or expense category.
can I have further guidance or help to set the counting part with the formatting part and how should continue the automation after it gets to the stage or routing the response for both categories?

alaa bebar

can you have a look and guide me further please I did set a webhook action to capture the header date, how should I trigger it once a month for the 1/month/year, and how should I continue building this process?
after I set the form, after the thing I need to create a folder for this month in each revenue and expenses folder.
should this be before getting into the action steps in the router?
and how can I add the part you mentioned regarding expenses?

Luv

Hey @alaa bebar

The "Create Folder" workflow is meant to be scheduled monthly and is exclusively for generating folders. It's important to keep it distinct from the base workflow.

Furthermore, to better assist you, we require clarification on any additional functionalities you desire for the workflow beyond the basic task of transferring invoices from one Google Drive to another, organized by month within their respective folders.

Please provide further details so we can tailor our assistance to your specific needs.

alaa bebar

hello @Luv , can take a look at the workflows that I'm using and what should I adjust accordingly, additionally can you guide me or share a demo action step structure that can achieve and use the case:
this is my automation that I, getting the header date to filter further the documents: https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTZlMDYzZTA0MzU1MjY4NTUzMjUxM2Ei_pc
here's my automation workflow I should have a webhook to capture the head date so the trigger should be a webhook.
can you share with me a demo workflow with structured actions, please?
I see you have a delay in your response @ArshilAhmad can help I worked with him, in the past a lot and his work hours match mine.
thanks alaa

Luv

Hey @alaa bebar

As Schedule would be an important step in your desired automation, instead of using Webhook you can use the response from the Google Sheets to create the folder. You can have the date mentioned with the email in your Google Sheet, or else we can have a workaround for it.
You can use "Current Date" action step of "Date/Time Formatter" to get the month name.

1713867354815.png

Additionally, we highly recommend consulting with an expert to streamline the process for your convenience.
Kindly refer to this thread for the same - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-experts-and-consultants.22/
Further you can also ask for hiring automation expert in our Facebook group over here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/pabbly.connect/

alaa bebar

Hello @Luv ,as i mentioned earlier i dont see the necessity for a hired services.
I know the Methodology i just need guidance on how to apply it with the tools given.
Ill contact you tomorow for a close montiring ,please just help an guide me further if you see your self bussy i can open a new ticket tagging other staff member for help.
Thank you alot @Luv appreciate your effort so far.

Luv

Hey @alaa bebar

We're dedicated to supporting you with any difficulties or glitches you might come across while using Pabbly Connect. However, it's important to note that we're unable to provide assistance in creating workflows from scratch. Further, the recommendation to seek expert advice was simply to ensure a quick and convenient resolution.

alaa bebar

hello @Luv , as I mentioned previously im not asking to create workflows from scratch.
I seek guidance regarding using the tools to set my desired application.
ill continue building the workflow I shared with you today, and ill reach out for help here in the forums when I struggle.
much appreciated Alaa.

Luv

Hey @alaa bebar

As I previously mentioned, If your need the date in header only for creating the folder name according to month, you can use "Date/Time Formatter" with action step "Current Date" as explained in our previous reply.
Hey @alaa bebar

As Schedule would be an important step in your desired automation, instead of using Webhook you can use the response from the Google Sheets to create the folder. You can have the date mentioned with the email in your Google Sheet, or else we can have a workaround for it.
You can use "Current Date" action step of "Date/Time Formatter" to get the month name.

View attachment 41264

Additionally, we highly recommend consulting with an expert to streamline the process for your convenience.
Kindly refer to this thread for the same - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-experts-and-consultants.22/

Kindly let us know if there is any other use of date so that we can look into it more and suggest you some work arounds.