• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How do I take each output record from the Iterator and put them on a new line (so I get one text with a record on each line)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fagun Shah

Instead of using Iterator use Data Transformer -> Line Itemizer which will give you comma separated values for each item in the array.

Then you can use Text Formatter -> Replace Text to replace comma with /n for new line.

apps

Hi Fagun,

Thanks, appreciate you help. I already tried that (actually from reading another of your posts here).

It solved the first problem by getting all data in one text field, however the issue is that the data in the process gets mangled up. From my iterator I get two output of time entries for my time logging:
1. Task title A, start time A, end time A
2. Task title B, start time B, end time B

Using Line Itemizer I get one text yes, however it mixes them together which make them unusable. I get 3 lines:
1. Task title A, Task title B
2. Start time A, Start time B
3. End time A, End time B

And replacing comma with new lines get's me:
Task title A
Task title B
Start time A
Start time B
End time A
End time B

Either way the start and end times are separated from the task they belong to.

Want I need returned to use the data is simply two lines:

I hope it makes sense. I would imagine this would be simple, but I can't just figure out how to get this result.

Supreme

Staff member
Hi Fagun,

Thanks, appreciate you help. I already tried that (actually from reading another of your posts here).

It solved the first problem by getting all data in one text field, however the issue is that the data in the process gets mangled up. From my iterator I get two output of time entries for my time logging:

Using Line Itemizer I get one text yes, however it mixes them together which make them unusable. I get 3 lines:
1. Task title A, Task title B
2. Start time A, Start time B
3. End time A, End time B

And replacing comma with new lines get's me:
Task title A
Task title B
Start time A
Start time B
End time A
End time B

Either way the start and end times are separated from the task they belong to.

Want I need returned to use the data is simply two lines:

I hope it makes sense. I would imagine this would be simple, but I can't just figure out how to get this result.

We checked upon you concerning use case and it doest seems possible.

apps

Sorry to hear. Would it be possible to add a an action similar to the Line Itemizer that does this (or maybe an option in the Line Itemizer)?

Because it seems to be the exact same kind of action and quick option to add because only the way it OUTPUTS the data should be slighty tweaked. It should still split the items in the same way, but instead of putting all the properties of the SAME type together on the same line, it would put the DIFFERENT properties in the same line.

Having this would enable you to create a text by concatenate all of the records from a response which would enable many use cases. Basically creating emails, composing documents, summarizing data and much much more etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.