• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How do you prevent infinite loops with "ClickUp: Task Updated" and "ClickUp : Create a Task Comment"?

SigmaXD

Current Status on my workflow:

1665777154642.png

The first step checks for any task that is updated.
The second step gathers all of the information from the updated task.
The third step filters the tasks to make sure that they are a specific list and specific status:
The fourth step creates a new comment in the same task in the previous steps.

- The point of step four is to gather information from the custom fields and generate a "video description" with the values in the custom fields.

Unfortunately, when the comment is added, it "updates the task" and starts a loop.

Q-01: How to I prevent the infinite loop?

Q-02: Is it possible to limit the type of the task update to only those that match the conditions in step 3 instead of every single update. I have a lot of tasks in this Clickup System and I don't want to use up a "Task" every time I update a "Clickup Tasks" that has nothing to do with Pabbly.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @SigmaXD

Q-01: How to I prevent the infinite loop?
As we can see from your task history Id, we haven't seen any unique entity which we can use to filter out the repeated tasks.

Though if you do not want to process the task when a comment has been passed, you can try using the Filter action step with the Comment label on which you are updating and with the help of the filter it will not process it again.

1665816602835.png

2022-10-15_12h19_34.png

SigmaXD

@Supreme & @support

Could you answer Q-02 from the original post?

Q-02: Is it possible to limit the type of the task update to only those that match the conditions in step 3 instead of every single update. I have a lot of tasks in this Clickup System and I don't want to use up a "Task" every time I update a "Clickup Tasks" that has nothing to do with Pabbly.

SigmaXD

@Supreme & @support

What are all of the possible values that are available to this field?

For example, I could proactively filter out "comment" updates and include "status" updates?

If there is any API documentation on Filter return values?

1666030986720.png

Supreme

Staff member
No, there is no action event available to limit the tasks to be used.

What are all of the possible values that are available to this field?
You can check the trigger response and compare the same and can check for the distinct data labels which you can use in the filtration.

If there is any API documentation on Filter return values?
There is no other return value provided by the filter action step including "True" or "False".

For more, you can check the following video tutorial on the Filter action step.