• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to find "full example posting string" for webhook?

Joel

Can someone show me where to find this example information?
I would think that this would be easy to find, but I'm pretty new to using webhooks/API's, so I'm not sure what information I need.

I am using a lead service provider which will send the lead data to my email platform via webhook/api. I have already set up the webhook in my Connect workflow, and it works. This is the flow:

1. Trigger: Webhook
2. Action: Selzy (my email platform) - subscribe to list

The workflow works.

But now as I set up my account with the lead platform, they are asking me to provide them some information so that they can set it up on their end. This is what they are asking for:

"provide a full example posting string (including both base URL and parameters) as well as the response we should get for a success."

Is someone able to help me with getting this information? Where do I find it? I have already sent them my webhook URL.

Thanks!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Joel

Can you please tell us what base URL you want regarding your API request and the complete use case you are looking for?

Joel

Do you mean the URL from Selzy (email platform)? If so, here it is:

Code:
https://api.selzy.com/en/api/subscribe?format=json&api_key=KEY&list_ids=1&fields[email]=
[email protected]&fields[Name]=John+Doe&double_optin=3

I am using a lead provider to send contacts to my email platform. The lead provider should be sending the [ email ] and [name] of the contact/lead to my email platform. The lead provider is asking for that information from me so that they can set up the API on their end (they haven't used Pabbly) before. But I am getting confused. I thought they only needed the Pabbly webhook string.

Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Joel

Please check the following screenshot once we have created the endpoint URL regarding your API request for Selzy.

1675055503306.png

Else, you can simply use the following action step.

1675055467400.png

Joel

Thanks for your reply. FYI, I did not your "else" step ("subscribe contact to list"), and the workflow did work.
This is why I am confused. I'm not sure what the lead provider is asking for, or if I just don't understand correctly because I am not familiar enough with webhook/API's.

I have asked them to confirm what they need.