• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to format the email pulled from the previous step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roann

can you pls help how to format the email result from the pulled-out results from the previous step? Check attached screenshot

Attachments

• 2023-03-27_15-12-44.png
    2023-03-27_15-12-44.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 46

Arshita

Staff member
Hello @Roann

Based on our analysis, it appears that the issue you are experiencing is caused by an error in the email address received from the webhook response. To resolve this issue, we suggest selecting the "Update contact" as an action event option in the lead connector application and selecting the appropriate contact ID.
After obtaining the contact ID using the "Update contact" function in the Lead Connector application, you can then use that ID to check whether it resolves the issue you are facing.

It is important to ensure that the contact exists in your contact list in order to update it with the correct information. By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue with the email address and ensure that your workflows run smoothly.

Roann

Hi Arshita,

Thank you for your response but I dont think that would work as I need to use the search contact via email first to pull out the contact ID and other lead details using the webhook email result. The problem with the leadconnector action, when I test the search contact via email, it says 'The email address is invalid.'.

The flow I want to achieve is:
1. leadconnector app will search for the lead via email using the email result from the webhook
2. Once results are available from the above steps, leadconnector will apply a tag to the lead

The process is pretty straightforward. I just got stuck when I use the webhook result to search for the lead via email. Pls advice.

Arshita

Staff member
We kindly request you to confirm the specific account that you are using in Lead Connector. Additionally, we would like to inquire as to whether the email address you are using in Lead Connector to search the contact is associated with the same account that you are using for the API.

This information will assist us in ensuring that we are properly diagnosing any issues or concerns that you may be encountering with the Lead Connector.

Roann

Hi again Arshita, I was able to sort out the issue.

Another action I want to incorporate is how to set rules if:
1. If the searched contact doesn't exist, it will create a contact. Otherwise, it will only update the existing contact.

Can you show me how to do that?

Arshita

Staff member
Hello @Roann

To apply the rules you need, the Router step in your action step can be used. With the Router step, you can set a filter condition according to your requirements. This step allows you to execute different actions based on the filter conditions you have set.

For a clearer understanding of how to use the Router step, please refer to the following video tutorial.

Do let us know if you get stuck in any step, so we can check it for you.

Arshita

Staff member
Upon reviewing your workflow, I noticed that the "Tag" field in the "Lead connector>update and create contact" was entered in an incorrect format, which resulted in an error. I have corrected the format of the tag field and tested it, and it appears to be working correctly now.
1681887930789.png

I kindly request you to check it from your end and ensure that it is working correctly. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Roann

Hi there, thanks for checking it out. I removed the " in the tag name and tested again. Still not working. I get the same error.
But I noticed that it's creating a new contact ID on GHL without the lead's information. See this screenshot

Can you please check on this further? Thanks

Arshita

Staff member
Hey @Roann

I would like to inform you that the quotation marks (" ") need to be added to the tag field instead of being removed.

Please ensure that the tag field contains the quotation marks as shown in the screenshot below. Afterward, kindly save the changes and send a test request to verify if it is working correctly.

1681971608590.png

Roann

Oh. thank you. That seems to be working now. Let me test the whole workflow and will get back you if I have further questions.

Arshita

Staff member
I would like to inform you that the response received will always display the complete list of tags associated with the contact, and not just the recently updated tag.

This means that you will be able to view all the tags that have been created and associated with the contact until now in the data out section.

Status
Not open for further replies.