• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to get all column data moved from one Google Sheet to another

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I am trying to get new data that's entered into a Google Sheet to be automatically added to a different Google Sheet.

I've already set up the workflow and it does work for the data in column A of the first sheet, but the remaining data is not moved.

Here's a video showing what's happening: https://www.loom.com/share/475fd1b615014d7f8e78f52b03ffae04?sid=99f2a78a-e5c0-407a-a7a1-8af3e8ebafb6

How can I get all of the new row data moved from the first sheet to the second?

Thank you!
Dave

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @stylinsmitty

It seems you've chosen only the "Ath" column as a trigger event, but this will only retrieve data up to the selected trigger column. If you want to fetch data beyond the "Ath" column in a row, you should select the trigger column up to the desired point.

You can refer to the following video lesson for a better understanding.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @stylinsmitty

I would like to inform you that If you are updating the data in the Google Sheet manually in the trigger column then you need to set up the Google Sheet extension to "Send On Event" then only it will forward the data to the workflow on updation. But if the trigger column is getting updated from a third-party application or from somewhere else it will not forward the row entry to the Google Sheets.

Yes, everything is being updated manually.

So my question is:

A new row is being added, the trigger is set off, and the data is transferred to the second sheet.

However, a few days later there is additional data added to the original sheet... How can I get that additional data transferred to the second sheet in the same row that was originally transferred? As seen here: https://www.loom.com/share/090aebef2e0b4cf285d4156fb620d6ce

Thank you!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @stylinsmitty

Firstly, Google Sheets doesn't allow selecting two trigger columns. If you add extra data in a column after the trigger column, it will only process data up to that trigger column. The trigger only works when new data is entered in that specific column.

To explore a workaround, could you confirm if you managed to include the current date and time in the same row while entering additional data in another column? Your insights will help us find the best solution.

Only the date is added (not the time).

Is it possible to set up a separate workflow that:

1) Watches for updated rows in the first spreadsheet (i.e the "On-Boarding" sheet)

Then,

2) When a row is updated (i.e. when a new client attends their on-boarding call this information is added to the "On-Boarding" sheet), Pabbly sees the updated cell, copies the updated cell data, and transfers it to the corresponding row (i.e. the row belonging to the same client) in the second sheet

Pabbly would need to know which row to paste that data into, so it would have to use a unique identifier such as email address.

Is this possible?

Supreme

Staff member
Is it possible to set up a separate workflow that:

1) Watches for updated rows in the first spreadsheet (i.e the "On-Boarding" sheet)
It is not possible to set multiple webhooks in a single Google Sheet.

2) When a row is updated (i.e. when a new client attends their on-boarding call this information is added to the "On-Boarding" sheet), Pabbly sees the updated cell, copies the updated cell data, and transfers it to the corresponding row (i.e. the row belonging to the same client) in the second sheet

Pabbly would need to know which row to paste that data into, so it would have to use a unique identifier such as email address.
We checked the possibility of your scenario but it wouldn't be possible to process the same Google Sheets row when there is an update in another column.

Just to clarify, did you mean that it "would be possible" (in #2), or was that a typo and it "wouldn't be possible"?

If it would be possible, can you tell me how to set it up please?

Thank you

Supreme

Staff member
Just to clarify, did you mean that it "would be possible" (in #2), or was that a typo and it "wouldn't be possible"?

If it would be possible, can you tell me how to set it up please?
Sorry, it wouldn't be possible to process the same Google Sheets row when there is an update in another column apart from the trigger column.

Status
Not open for further replies.