• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to make modular workflows (eg. linking workflows)

apps

A general question
How do I make my workflows modular?

Eg. I want workflow A to do X. And then from Workflow A I want to start Workflow B using the data captured through the steps in from Workflow B.
Eg. I capture a lead and add their data to the CRM in workflow A. Then I take all the output data from workflow A and use it to create invoices in another app inside Workflow B.
Also I then want to reuse Workflow B and link to it from other workflows similarly.

I might link to Workflow B from 5 other workflows. I want to be able to send all the output data between workflows.

I hope my question makes sense.

Reason
1. To make things modular for easier maintenance and debugging. Instead of making and maintaining the exact same setup in 7 different workflows, I want to simply reuse part of them.
2. Performance reasons, as some of my workflows are really long with multiple nested routers and are incredibly slow to work with. And saves often fail so I loose changes because Pabbly Connect times out forcing me to reload and loose all changes.

I'm looking for the same thing! Like for instance I have multiple reasons to want to update a customer record in one system. The code to do the update will be the same every time...

I have tasks like this built out a couple of times...
  • Do we have an existing external ID?
    • Yes
      • Update record by ID
        • Update successful?
          • Yes
            • Done
          • No
            • Ignore ID
              • Do we have an email?
                • Yes
                  • Search by email
                    • Found User?
                      • Yes
                        • Update record by Email
                      • No
                        • Create new user
                • No
                  • Search by phone number
                    • Found User?
                      • Yes
                        • Update record by Phone
                      • No
                        • Create new user
    • No
      • Do we have an email?
        • Yes
          • Search by email
            • Found User?
              • Yes
                • Update record by Email
              • No
                • Create new user
        • No
          • Search by phone number
            • Found User?
              • Yes
                • Update record by Phone
              • No
                • Create new user

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @TerminalCity

For your individual conditional statement, you should use the Router action step and can build the condition accordingly.

You can refer to the following video tutorial on how you can use the Router action.

Hey @TerminalCity

For your individual conditional statement, you should use the Router action step and can build the condition accordingly.

You can refer to the following video tutorial on how you can use the Router action.

Hey Supreme,

I agree - Router is what I use today and it is functional. However some of the steps of my workflow are exactly the same and have to be duplicated multiple times. I have more than one workflow that needs to update a customer for instance, so I have to re-create the steps in each workflow. Being able to create a module to do it once, then access that from multiple different workflows would be great. I know I can forward webhooks, but that doesn't always work well as there may be different source data. Being able to save and re-use a portion of a workflow in multiple places would be fantastic.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey Supreme,

I agree - Router is what I use today and it is functional. However some of the steps of my workflow are exactly the same and have to be duplicated multiple times. I have more than one workflow that needs to update a customer for instance, so I have to re-create the steps in each workflow. Being able to create a module to do it once, then access that from multiple different workflows would be great. I know I can forward webhooks, but that doesn't always work well as there may be different source data. Being able to save and re-use a portion of a workflow in multiple places would be fantastic.
As of now the can only suggest you to use the "Data Forwarder" for your convenience. Further, for your concern the best possible scenario would be a nested route to automate your data.