• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

How to return values in an array if another value is true?

greco26

No problem. Thank you so much! If you can also help me better understand how to implement a filter to control the iterations, that would be great as well. I wasn't able to understand clearly from your post I mentioned earlier in this thread. thx!

Supreme

Staff member
Certainly. Here are 2. I have many more if needed.

IjU3NjAwNTZiMDYzMDA0M2M1MjZmNTUzMjUxM2E1MTYyNTQzMiI_3D_pc
Task History ID -
We couldn't find the empty data in the history of the task where you are getting the empty response from Google Sheets.

Further, we can see in the Google Sheets: Lookup SpreadSheets Row action step you arent getting the data that you have mapped in the API by Pabbly action step and that's why you are API by Pabbly request wasn't running.

1686380162847.png

Also, for a better understanding of the Fitler action step, you can refer to the following video lesson.

greco26

@Supreme
Perhaps I have not explained the issues to you properly therefore I have created 2 videos to show you (part 1 cut off so I had to continue with part 2 video). Also, I understand how to use Pabbly Filter however please refer to an earlier post in this thread about the context I was looking to use it in with relation to Iiterator. I have included this issue in my following videos.

Video Part 1 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ByzBDwxn6AKgArJ9jS_zI1fhBROrGzR0/view?usp=share_link
Video Part 2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_47I17tcXZFBlATYYUu_XBqaG4pR_ojS/view?usp=share_link

greco26

Thats unfortunate as I feel like I'm so close to getting it to work. I will look to hire someone I suppose. In the meantime, can you help explain this post of yours in more detail as I believe this something I need to understand as well.

Supreme

Staff member
The Iterator action step in Pabbly Connect is created to operate by continuously retrieving data from the specified source until there is no more data left to receive one by one. The iterator will keep running until it has obtained all information accessible.

The next action(s) in the process will be started once the iterator has started retrieving data one at a time that is currently available. The iterator can also be set to halt after a predetermined number of iterations or when a particular condition is satisfied with the help of the Filter action step.

greco26

Can you explain this filter action step and how to use it to control the Iterator’s predetermine number of iterations? This is the basis of my question. Thanks!

The iterator can also be set to halt after a predetermined number of iterations or when a particular condition is satisfied with the help of the Filter action step.

Supreme

Staff member
For a better understanding of the Filter action step, you can refer to the following video tutorial.

Further, if you are looking for a workaround to use Filter along with the Iterator step you can recommend hiring an automation expert who can create or manage the filter condition according to your iterations.

greco26

Really? @Supreme? I just need an explanation on how to control the looping that Iterator does in conjunction with using Pabbly Filter as you referenced in a similar discussion with someone else looking for the same. I've been using Iterator and Filter independently just fine. What is not discussed within any video that I can find, including all the generic ones you send, is how to control the looping of Iterator by using Filter expecially when I need to run 2 Iterator instances within the same workflow. That is all I need to know at this point. I dont understand why I have to hire an expert just for them to explain to me how combining the two features can control the looping. Thats really bad tech support if thats the case. I started this ticket June 6th and I am still trying to get answers but I feel like I keep getting blown off.

Supreme

Staff member
What is not discussed within any video that I can find, including all the generic ones you send, is how to control the looping of Iterator by using Filter expecially when I need to run 2 Iterator instances within the same workflow.
The Iteration logic and the filter step always depend on the user's use case, so it is not possible to cover all the n number of logic in a single video. Since you have a different logic to stop the iteration with a certain condition and that's why we have recommended you to prefer to get in touch with an expert who can build the specific logic according to your need. Our scope of support is limited to help resolve the error and bugs for all our customers.

heather

@greco26 Were you able to get this solved?
Instead of exporting to Google Sheets, could you use Router after the iterator step to "If isUS = 1" then have the Conig value post via API?

Supreme

Staff member
Instead of exporting to Google Sheets, could you use Router after the iterator step to "If isUS = 1" then have the Conig value post via API?
Can you please create a new thread and elaborate on your concern briefly, so that we can look into it?