• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

I need users to be able to use Telegram-bot only after their subscription to the channel

vitruviy

Hello everyone.

I want my Telegram-bot to check the user's subscription to the specified channel before he could use this bot.

I want to make the following:

1. a user starts my Telegram-bot
2. he gets the message "To use this bot subscribe to the channel X" with 2 buttons: "Subscribe to X" and "Next"
3. after subscribing the user presses "Next"
4. if he didn't subscribe the "Next" button returns him the same message as in point 2
5. if he is subscribed the "Next" button lets him use the bot
6. if while using the bot he unsubscribes from the channel he loses the ability to use bot and it again sends him the same message as in point 2

I tried to use some modules but haven't found any mention about subscriptions to Telegram channels and checking whether the user subscribed to it or not.
Which modules should I use for making this functionality?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @vitruviy

Regrettably, it appears that achieving your desired use case might not be feasible using the existing Telegram Bot API functionalities.

vitruviy

Hey @vitruviy

Regrettably, it appears that achieving your desired use case might not be feasible using the existing Telegram Bot API functionalitie
Thank you for the reply.

But it isn't so.

There are many bots made this way.
And here is one described in details in Russian:
Доступ к боту только после подписки телеграм | Проверка подписки на телеграм канал - YouTube

The service similar to pabbly is used there.
But I want to do in Pabbly. That's why I ask this here