• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

ID not being captured in Google Slides

zest83

Workflow Name: AUTO: Power Excel DEMO: Participation Certificate

This workflow helps make Certificates using a Template in Google Slides with the Tags inserted in Google Slides (as shown in the tutorial video)

Now, when the workflow starts running, for some reason... it captures a tag sometimes and does not capture the tag a ttimes

There are two Tags:

Name: being captured when the user fills the google form
Certificate ID: being IMPORTED from another sheet basis the name ... so if the Name is generated, automatically then Certificate ID is generated in another sheet. This set of data is being IMPORTED into the main sheet. The Tags are capturing data from the MAIN sheet.

The Name is being captured properly!
BUT The Certificate ID is not being captured always.

How do I correct this?

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @zest83

Kindly check your Google Sheet for the Certificate ID if it's available or not and contains it in a proper manner since the trigger is capturing the response properly.

Moreover, in your recent history logs, you are getting the certificate Id except for the least recent one. So regarding this please check out your Google Sheets.

2022-03-24_17h15_50.png
s

zest83

So some get captured while the others don't... which is not making sense!

I have scheduled one whatsapp message with the certificate link which generates instnatly and send the link to the customer

THE second one is generated after 2 hours and sent on email BUT even that one does not have the Certificate ID (Sometimes)

zest83

Basically, I'm importing the Certificate ID from another sheet.
The ID gets generated as soon as the current form gets filled.

As soon as the current form fields are populated, the Certificate ID is generated on the other Google Sheet. Then, it is imported using IMPORTRANGE to this sheet (current sheet)...

Is there anyway, I can generate an ID using the workflow itself - so all the ID's are tagged instantly and also the same ID is updated in the google sheet?

ID used is soemthing like this: 4-5-13-15... Followed by some more numbers!

Hope I'm making sense!

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @zest83

Is there anyway, I can generate an ID using the workflow itself - so all the ID's are tagged instantly and also the same ID is updated in the google sheet?
Inside Pabbly you can use "Number Formatter by Pabbly: Counter" which will increment the values as the executions go.

2022-03-28_18h05_17.png

zest83

Thanks for your help.
Now, just to confirm something before I implement this.

I need to ADD the ID to the Existing Google Sheet.
The existing google sheet is getting data from a Google Form.
I want the Google sheet to be updated - Cell should be updated beside the latest Google Sheet updated row.

So if row 5 is getting updated, I need the ID to be added to Row 5.

I have cloned the workflow where I need to input this.

Workflow Name: CLONE - Test for Pabbly - Certificate ID LIVE INPUT

I am receiving data from the google sheet using a trigger column!
Next, I need to add the triggers you shared above to ADD the consecutive ID's one after the other in the rows as being updated by Google Forms LIVE.

Google Form to Google Sheet - Row 3 gets updated
Certificate ID - One Particular cell in Row 3 gets updated

This should happen in one workflow!