• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

If else condition

tommykhs

I refer to this workflow step 5 router of this workflow https://connect.pabbly.com/workflow/mapping/IjU3NjUwNTY5MDYzNDA0MzA1MjZjNTUzMzUxM2Ei_pc

I wonder whether router can implement if else condition.

Let me simplify the login as below. Currently, my router logic is
If Region=Taiwan Then action1
if Region=Singapore Then action2
if Region=Hong Kong or Shanghai or Beijing Then action3

I need to edit the condition, but pabbly loads til error when I try to edit the conditions with many criterion in case3 (Region=Hong Kong or Shanghai or Beijing), which I previously request to fix the loading problem but no luck.

My question now is, can I implement if else logic instead, then I don't need to have many conditions for case 3.

If Region=Taiwan Then action1
else if Region=Singapore Then action2
else
Action3

Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
My question now is, can I implement if else logic instead, then I don't need to have many conditions for case 3.
Absolutely! You have the capability to employ the If-else logic within your router action step. To learn how to do this effectively, I highly recommend watching the following video lesson.

tommykhs

Absolutely! You have the capability to employ the If-else logic within your router action step. To learn how to do this effectively, I highly recommend watching the following video lesson.

I guess you have not read into detail my question. the video just simply illustrates if but not if, else.
Let me simplify again my question.

What I set in router now is:
If A, then action 1
If B, then action 2
If C, then action 3
If D, then action 4
If Not A & B & C & D, then action 5

It is stupid that no else logic for action 5, and there is a loading problem for me to edit the workflow with many conditions in pabbly. (It requests a lot of memory exceeding the chrome browser limit of a tab that I fail to edit the workflow)

And my question is can I do the following instead

If A, then action 1
else If B, then action 2
else If C, then action 3
else If D, then action 4
else then action 5

Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @tommykhs

You can experiment with the If-else condition by setting it up initially within the Spreadsheet Formula. Afterward, based on the resulting response, you can efficiently manage different actions by utilizing separate routes in the Router. This approach allows you to smoothly execute distinct steps according to the condition's outcome.

tommykhs

Hey @tommykhs

You can experiment with the If-else condition by setting it up initially within the Spreadsheet Formula. Afterward, based on the resulting response, you can efficiently manage different actions by utilizing separate routes in the Router. This approach allows you to smoothly execute distinct steps according to the condition's outcome.

Sorry I don't get where can I set forumla in pabbly like spreadsheet? Do you get my question? I just want to know if there's no such if else feature, I won't waste time to study how to achieve that.

Lars

Hi @Supreme. I have the same question and I'll add to the discussion: In a router I've just created, I have two known possible conditions A and B. For each condition an action is defined. And there are also a number of other possible conditions for which a default action needs to happen. Example:

IF field contains A THEN execute action A
IF field contains B THEN execute action B
ELSE execute action N

Hoping this makes it totally clear what I and @tommykhs need to solve - right, Tommy?

Supreme

Staff member
Have you tried the following -
IF field contains A THEN execute action A
2024-02-27_17h35_03.png

IF field contains B THEN execute action B
2024-02-27_17h35_35.png

ELSE execute action N
2024-02-27_17h36_13.png

Lars

Yes, that's how I'm doing it now, and it's too bad that the router processes all conditions instead of working in an if-then-else manner.

Supreme

Staff member
Yes, that's how I'm doing it now, and it's too bad that the router processes all conditions instead of working in an if-then-else manner.
Could you please record a short video on the same condition, so that we can look into it and guide you?

Lars

Could you please record a short video on the same condition, so that we can look into it and guide you?
Thanks - and not necessary. I understand how it works and it's running correctly. And it would simplify if the if-then-else way of branching was implemented - less conditions to add.