• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Best Way to Set Up Resending Shopify Draft Order X Times but Check If Draft Order Still Exists Before Sending

I have set up an automation to resend draft orders in Shopify after 7 days, then every 30 days for up to a year. However, would like to check the Draft Order still exists and turn off the workflow if it doesn't. The Draft Order disappears in Shopify if the customer purchases through it.

Pabbly only allows if/then router at end of automation. Is there a way to implement this draft order (check if number exists) validation in the middle of an automation.

So if the Draft Order exists, move to next step. If Draft Order doesn't exists, turn off this workflow for that customer or draft order.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @mktg2contractors

If you want to check the order status in your Shopify account then you can make use of the "Shopify: Get Order by ID" action step.

Pabbly only allows if/then router at end of automation. Is there a way to implement this draft order (check if number exists) validation in the middle of an automation.

So if the Draft Order exists, move to next step. If Draft Order doesn't exists, turn off this workflow for that customer or draft order.

Further please elaborate more on your use case.

Workflow is triggered by Draft Order Created, every 30 days I want to resend the same Draft Order for a year, so 12 times. If a customer buys through that Draft Order, then the Draft Order disappears and doesn't exist anymore. If the Draft Order disappears in 60 days, I want the workflow to turn off. Otherwise, I would be using Pabbly tasks for no reason. Looking for best way to set up. I can only add a router at the end of workflow so how would I check if the Draft Order exists more than once?

Supreme

Staff member
Can you please provide the workflow URL in which you have tried the same so that we can look into it and help you accordingly?

the workflow is set to check for a tag for each sales rep and then splits the workflow into a branch for each. If necessary, I could create a separate workflow for each so no router is needed. I would just like to do a check before resending each draft order to see if draft orders exists and then turn off workflow if it doesn't. I thought the SKIP STEP ON FAILURE could work but not sure how to set up.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please try adding this endpoint, along with a Filter, between each Delay and the 'Send an Invoice for Draft Order' action step.

1709747504452.png

The endpoint will provide you with the status of the draft order, which you can then utilize in the Filter step. You can set the filter conditions such that the next steps trigger only if the draft order exists.