• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Insert a Picture into Google Doc Specific Location

ichilddev

hi all,

Would like some advise on the follow process.

1. We have gotten a set of data from Google form
2. Set of data is updated to Google Doc when there's a New Google Form Response i.e NewResponsefromGoogleForm attached
3. One of the data uploaded fromGoogle form is a picture uploaded to Drive (photo) i.e https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IXiNzWEpAaS6tEVJmrgdU_X1fRmmNPCA
4. How can we set this photo into the specific location in the Google Doc. See attached GoogleDocSpecificLocation - with {{Photo}}

We have set up the Workflow Process so far as attached. Was prompted by the process to use GetGetdocumentDetails to get the specific locations on the Google Doc. However, we could not find any video guide on this, nor can we able to identify the correct parameter to choose from under the GetDocumentDetails Test Response to map to the correct location.

Please advise what's the best

Attachments

• Google Doc Specific Location.jpg
    Google Doc Specific Location.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Workflow Process - Copy.jpg
    Workflow Process - Copy.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 71
  • GetDocumentDetails Test Response - Copy.jpg
    GetDocumentDetails Test Response - Copy.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 69
  • NewResponsefromGoogleForm.jpg
    NewResponsefromGoogleForm.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 77

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ichilddev

Kindly use the "Google Docs: Insert an Image to a Specific Location" action step to pass the image into the specific location of the Documentation.

You have to pass the Location Index and Magnitudes height with its width.

2022-06-20_16h22_48.png

ichilddev

Just to confirm if the Location Index is the selection above the Link as shown in attached Body Content 10 End...?

Question:

1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IXiNzWEpAaS6tEVJmrgdU_X1fRmmNPCA/view
this is the link to the photo that is uploaded via Google Form. The link is initially restricted and i have changed the access rights.

2.WHen i run the test, the Error was given in the attached.

3. See also Google Form: New response was received that the picture file was uploaded to drive. However the file is not able to be accessible by Pabbly.

4. How do determine the right Height and Width magnitude for the photo to be placed in a specific location {{Photo}} in the Doc?

Attachments

• Body Content 10 End Index 849.jpg
    Body Content 10 End Index 849.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Error Found.jpg
    Error Found.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Google Doc Specific Location.jpg
    Google Doc Specific Location.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Photo uploaded via form to Google Drive via Form.jpg
    Photo uploaded via form to Google Drive via Form.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 72
  • When Share a file with anyone File cannot be found.jpg
    When Share a file with anyone File cannot be found.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 81

ichilddev

Hey @ichilddev

Kindly use the "Google Docs: Insert an Image to a Specific Location" action step to pass the image into the specific location of the Documentation.

You have to pass the Location Index and Magnitudes height with its width.

View attachment 12226
Is this the Magnitude height? I can't find the Magnitude Width

Attachments

• Is this the magnitude height.jpg
    Is this the magnitude height.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Index Location.jpg
    Index Location.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 80
  • Which one is Magnitude Width.jpg
    Which one is Magnitude Width.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ichilddev

You have to check the Magnitude Width and dimension according to the documentation in which you are trying to passing.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @ichilddev

You can check the dimension of the docs by manually passing the image to the location.

There is no tool available which can give you the exact location of the photo here you want to pass.

ichilddev

Hey @ichilddev

You can check the dimension of the docs by manually passing the image to the location.

There is no tool available which can give you the exact location of the photo here you want to pass.

DO you mean i should put the photo into the Cell and check the magnitude dimension in the google doc cell?

ichilddev

Hi

We have manually inserted the photo into the google doc, and the parameters are as such.

How can we know the Magnitude Width and Dimension then?

This is the google doc link

Can refer us to someone who is able to solve this on a freelance basis? We can pay the rate.
Hey @ichilddev

Pabbly

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

We have manually inserted the photo into the google doc, and the parameters are as such.

Can refer us to someone who is able to solve this on a freelance basis? We can pay the rate.
You can hire anyone from here any freelancers - https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/pabbly-connect-experts-and-consultants.22/

@Fagun Shah. Please check this thread as a customer wants to hire a freelancer.

Fagun Shah

Hi

Hi @ichilddev , feel free to message me on Facebook to look into this - https://www.facebook.com/fagun.shah.7

ichilddev

@i

hello, did u solve this problem? I also have the same problems with the action "
Insert an Image to a Specific Location"
Hi Yes. But then there seems to be some issues after some time. I am trying out another tool via nocodeapi.com to perform this task and they are working on a new feature for this. So far their solution is good and fast.

ichilddev

@i

hello, did u solve this problem? I also have the same problems with the action "
Insert an Image to a Specific Location"

Hi i have managed to solve this issue. We are using table insert the picture. Use a landmark in the document as reference to gauge an approximate position, and then use this StartIndex to trial & error.

Search for this Index to insert Picture into a Table Cell 2.png

a.jpg

Attachments

• Search for this Index to insert Picture into a Table Cell 2.png
    Search for this Index to insert Picture into a Table Cell 2.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 40