• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Instagram is including the link

demonboy

Hi,

I'm trying to get Instagram to send a post to Discord. I've managed to both connect and send messages to a Discord channel but it is including the link, as well as the media.

insta.jpg

I watched your Insta integration video on YouTube but it appears to be using a different set of drop-downs. The only options I have are Username, Timestamp, Permalink, Media URL, Media Type, and ID.

In my HTML message the only option I can use is Media URL, which posts the video ok but also includes the link. When I run a test post it returns The application processed the request but returned a blank response. Refer to the HTTP status code above for details. The code is 204.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation, but how do I post the media only without the ugly long link?

TIA.

Last edited:

demonboy

Thank you, I'll give this a go. However in the longer term I want this bot to post any media, whether it's video or photo. What happens if I wrap this link around both the video URL and a photo URL, but one of them is missing? I mean, if I include this video link but the next post is a photo-only post, what happens? Also, I wasn't able to determine the photo link because when I run a test, it only picks up my latest Insta post, which is video only.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @demonboy

To pass photos, videos and text you will be required to the individual route which you can do with the help of the Router action step.

Kindly refer to the following video tutorial and try again.

(Watch the second part fo the video)

demonboy

OK, so I understand the concept of individual routes, but I am not understanding how I extract the media file. The video you directed me to was about WhatsApp, not Instagram, and goes into detail about the WhatsApp bot providing a URL and other stuff. The Instagram version doesn't have this. This is what my route looks like so far:

in1.jpg

in3.jpg

At this point I'm back to where I was originally. That is, I have the same media options and the same media URL. If select the media URL and run a test, I get an error:

in4.jpg

... and the same if I select VIDEO...

in5.jpg

The one that gives a positive result is ID...

in6.jpg

Moving on to the Discord part, I get this...

in7.jpg

Selecting 'media type:video' just prints the word 'video'. Selecting Media URL I'm back to where I was before, in Discord it sends both the video and the link. Basically, this whole routing system isn't adding anything. It does not provide a file path to the media as per the video. I am unclear how I strip out the media and the video doesn't help much because it is geared towards WhatsApp and uses a different process.

I've obviously misinterpreted the procedure. Could you tell me where I have gone wrong, please?

Supreme

Staff member
I've obviously misinterpreted the procedure. Could you tell me where I have gone wrong, please?
While setting up each route, please try capturing the webhook response for every type of data every time one by one for the individual routes.

Supreme

Staff member
Or you can try passing the same file URL in each route to pass the file in discord as mentioned in the video tutorial.

Further, make sure that you are pressing the "Save" button only.

We would recommend you watch the video tutorial once to pass all 3 types of data on the action step.

demonboy

None of what you are saying makes sense and you have included a link to the same video you previously told me to watch. This is for TELEGRAM, not INSTAGRAM. They work differently.

Please can you provide a guide on how to send any Instagram media to Discord without the links? Thanks.

Supreme

Staff member
Please can you provide a guide on how to send any Instagram media to Discord without the links? Thanks.
If you could have checked the video carefully the second part of the video has shown you the way to send the image and video file to the Discord channel accordingly.

(18:44)
1668837908895.png

(22:45)
2022-11-19_11h29_24.png

Further, as we can see from your workflow as well, you haven't passed the media file yet.

To send the image to the Discord channel -

1668838879623.png

(To send the video on Discord)

1668839179325.png

demonboy

Arrrghghhh! We're going around in circles here, and I seriously hope this is just a misunderstanding by me.

I CAN send a media file to Discord, this is not the problem. The problem is that it is sending the media file AND the really long link, as per my original post. Please look at the screenshot I embedded in my original post.

Here is the Discord part of my workflow:

dis.jpg

What you are telling me to do is related to TELEGRAM, which has a Results File Path, as per your image. INSTAGRAM does not have this. This is what Instagram delivers:

ins.jpg

So how do I use that Media Url to send the video only, without the link?

Supreme

Staff member
(To send the video on Discord)

1668839179325.png

Since you are trying the HTML in your Discord action step and we have suggested you use Markdown to send the Video so that it might not show the entire URL only the image of the video.

Please check the screenshot carefully and try it.

demonboy

OK, I have worked it out, and it has nothing to do with my workflow. I thought I would include this update for anyone else having the same problem, but what I was doing was correct right from the start.

The problem is at the Discord end. Discord will always include the link of whatever media it is embedding. You can turn off the inclusion of embeds, but Discord will always include the link. I've yet to find a way of turning this off.

The best workaround I came up with was to use short.io, setting up a new cname on my server (as instructed on short.io's website) and have created a much neater-looking link. It doesn't remove the link but it does make it look a lot tidier.

intemp.jpg

Supreme

Staff member
The best workaround I came up with was to use short.io, setting up a new cname on my server (as instructed on short.io's website) and have created a much neater-looking link. It doesn't remove the link but it does make it look a lot tidier.
Hey @demonboy

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope this information might help other users as well.