• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Instagram reel Thumb Offset don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabqui84

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjAwNTZhMDYzMjA0M2Q1MjZhNTUzMTUxMzY1MTYwNTQzNyI_3D_pc
I've been using Pabbly for several months to post REELS on Instagram by choosing my "Thumb".
All worked well, I'm satisfied! But 5 days ago, when I posted a video REELS all goes well except that "Thumb Offset" no longer works.
I did add "10000" for the "Thumb Offset". When the video is posted on Instagram, there is no "Thumb". Instagram only takes the first image as "Thumb", even though I've set the "Thumb" to "10000". I think the error comes from Instagram API because when I tried with the GRAPH EXPLORER API, "Thumb" doesn't work there either. But with "COVER_URL" it does! Can you add "COVER_URL" instead of "Thumb Offset" in Pabbly? It's very important to be able to choose your "Thumb" for REAL videos. Thank you very much.

fabqui84

Hey @fabqui84,

You can make a request to add the 'COVER_URL' field to Instagram on our dedicated platform, here at: https://pabbly.hellonext.co/.

Our development team will assess the feasibility of adding the requested field and proceed with implementing the feature.
Thanks You very much, I made the request to https://pabbly.hellonext.co/. . But have you noticed the "Thumb Offset" issue this week among other Instagram REELS users? Because it means that the "Thumb Offset" setting in your Instagram app is no longer working. Users who are currently posting REELS Videos with Pabbly may be disappointed to see that the "Thumb Offset" option hasn't been working for a few days. It's not just a question of adding the new "COVER_URL" parameter, but perhaps also of investigating why "Thumb Offset" no longer works.

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
I have taken note of your concern. Kindly allow our team some time to look into this issue.

Please grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member.
Once you have added me as a Team Member, do let us know the name of your workflow.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

fabqui84

I have taken note of your concern. Kindly allow our team some time to look into this issue.

Please grant me access to your workflow by adding me as a team member.
Once you have added me as a Team Member, do let us know the name of your workflow.
Email: [email protected]
Also, remember to revoke access once your query has been resolved.

Attaching a video for your reference:

Ok. I had you on team member. The name of my Workflow is : MYVIDEODESIGNER=>INSTAGRAM

Nivesh

Staff member
Hey @fabqui84,

We have conducted thorough testing on the "Create Real Video" action and are pleased to inform you that the "Thumb Offset" function is functioning properly. We kindly request you to reconnect your workflow and give it another try. We are confident that your query will now be resolved. However, should you encounter any further issues, please don't hesitate to inform us so that we may provide further assistance.

Best Regards,
Pabbly.com

fabqui84

Hey @fabqui84,

We have conducted thorough testing on the "Create Real Video" action and are pleased to inform you that the "Thumb Offset" function is functioning properly. We kindly request you to reconnect your workflow and give it another try. We are confident that your query will now be resolved. However, should you encounter any further issues, please don't hesitate to inform us so that we may provide further assistance.

Best Regards,
Pabbly.com
Thanks for the reply. In the meantime, Instagram has reactivated "Thumb Offset" in its API. So since 10 days the thumbnails are working again. Thank you for implementing the "Cover_url". This gives a new possibility in case "Thumb Offset" stops working again because of Instagram. However, my Instagram configuration no longer works at all since your update. I get an "OAuthException" error when publishing to Instagram step 2. Everything was working fine, but since your update a few days ago, the configuration has stopped working. I had to recreate the same configuration again from Zero for Instagram (exactly the same). The new integration works, but the old one, which has exactly the same settings as the new configuration, doesn't work anymore. Does this mean that for every new small update on your side for Instagram, I'm going to have to recreate the same Instagram configuration from scratch every time? Knowing that the old configuration and the new configuration are identical. Does this mean that your update is not recognized by the old Instagram configuration? Thank you

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Please re-authenticate the connection with Instagram for the workflow in which you are facing this issue.
1688583164902.png

1688583229575.png

Does this mean that for every new small update on your side for Instagram, I'm going to have to recreate the same Instagram configuration from scratch every time? Knowing that the old configuration and the new configuration are identical. Does this mean that your update is not recognized by the old Instagram configuration? Thank you
No, you don't have to create a new workflow from scratch each time an update is made. The "OAuthException" error usually requires re-authentication, so simply re-establishing the connection should fix the issue.

If you want to re-authenticate the connection across multiple workflows, you can do so through the Settings.
1688583602394.png

Status
Not open for further replies.