• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Issues with mapping Google spreadheet ID's and sheet ID's

Your Task History ID
IjU3NjEwNTZlMDYzNzA0MzI1MjZiNTUzNTUxM2I1MTYwNTQzMyI_3D_pc
Hi other great people,

Hope you are doing fine.

I'm running into consistent issues with my workflow. I'll add a video too of where and what is going wrong. But I do think a brief explanation would help.

For new users who fill-out a form I create a new Google Spreadsheet, within this spreadsheet, i copy sheets from a template. Each google Spreadsheet has an unique id same is the case for the Sheets.

For automation purposes I do rely on the Spreadsheet and Sheet ID's. this is what I try to do, I want to run a trigger everyday to run through all spreadsheets. I am using an iterator for this. (Spreadsheet of customer 1, Spreadsheet of customer 2, Spreadsheet of customer 3, etc...) to see if there is in Sheet 1 (unique ID of this spreadsheet), Column A:A and collect all Dates. these once I map against a Filter and by Succes a workflow continues.. In this case i can automatically run a process through all sheets and see which one needs attention and continue the workflow.

The issue I run into is the following.

I do have the spreadsheets ID and Sheet ID. that works fine by creating the worksheets. But then, as soon as I try to fill the sheets by using "Add new row". Erros come up. I hope the next video audio will help explain the issue.

Link to the video

I hope some of you can help me out. i do actually think it has to be something technical. I really am in need for this to work at the moment to continue automating.

KR

Bram

Supreme

Staff member
I do have the spreadsheets ID and Sheet ID. that works fine by creating the worksheets. But then, as soon as I try to fill the sheets by using "Add new row". Erros come up. I hope the next video audio will help explain the issue.
While adding a new row to the Google Sheets you were supposed to pass the Sheets name instead of Sheets ID.

1692876594163.png

Thanks for checking unfortunately this does not resolve the issue, as i would like to have the fields mapped and that did not fixed it. Please see below video of me testing this. Dorry for the shitty audio though.

Link to video

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @REXZ Automation

If you are trying to dynamically pass the fields in the Google Sheets action step with different fields then I am afraid that it is not possible.

Since the fields of the particular sheets will always fluctuate, so it will not be possible to pass the data.

1692963979172.png

Hi Supreme,

Thanks for the reply.

The template sheet I use will always have two static fields, that is the "Name field" and "ID field". That is something that will not change, if i would change it, I know I have to make the changes here too.

But the thing is about the "Spreadsheet ID" which should be able to be dynamic and the "Sheet ID" too (picking the "Sheet name" instead of the "Sheet ID" is also fine, as it does not change during this part of the process). But as you can see the same issue occurs if I pick the "Sheet ID" of the "Sheet name".

It's about the "Spreadsheet ID" and "Sheet ID" which should be able to be mapped. The fields resulting from the mapping will always be the two field mentioned above, "Name field" and "ID Field".

Could you and your team please have an extra look to see if you can find the issue, i do somehow believe it might be with the "Sheetname" coming up instead of the "Sheet ID". Which technically should be the "Sheet ID" as that would make most sense reading the API Documentation.

KR Bram

Supreme

Staff member
The template sheet I use will always have two static fields, that is the "Name field" and "ID field". That is something that will not change, if i would change it, I know I have to make the changes here too.
If the spreadsheet and its sheets are dynamically changing then it might not process the rows automatically.