• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Licensing

gacott

We develop software that allows multiple installations per license. One is three; another is five. Does your system support this?
If not, what's the best way to achieve this in an automated fashion?

Thanks

MukeshR

Staff member
Hello @gacott ,
Yes, you can collect installation payments from your customers using Pabbly Subscription Billing according to your needs. With Pabbly Subscription Billing, you can create recurring plans with a limited number of cycles, such as Plan 1 with 3 cycles and Plan 2 with 5 cycles.

Please refer to the screenshot below for more details.

1716636250336.png

1716636197043.png

Additionally, to learn more about how to create plans inside Pabbly Subscription Billing, please refer to the help document.
https://forum.pabbly.com/threads/plans.16595/
I hope this answers your concerns. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

Attachments

• 1716636125650.png
    1716636125650.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 7

gacott

Sorry, this doesn't answer my question at all, it's not even related to my question.

Does licensing allow for multiple installs of the same license? Meaning can I set some place where the customer can use a particular license on three computers at one time?

MukeshR

Staff member
Hello @gacott ,

We want to let you know that we cannot enforce restrictions on the number of installations per license from our end. You will need to manage this within your application by implementing the necessary restrictions to allow only three installations per license.

gacott

Hello @gacott ,

We want to let you know that we cannot enforce restrictions on the number of installations per license from our end. You will need to manage this within your application by implementing the necessary restrictions to allow only three installations per license.
LOL, and how would something like this be done OUTSIDE of the license server itself? Come on guys, a license server does more than just "give a number" to somebody. It must come with the ability for usage restriction as well.

MukeshR

Staff member
Hello @gacott ,

The user won't be logging into our platform; instead, they'll be logging in and installing your platform. To manage this, you need to create a setup so that whenever the license limit is reached, the user won't be able to log in further.
From Pabbly Subscription Billing end we can only map the particular license to the subscription.

gacott

Thanks, I understand how software development works with a license. As mentioned, we have a number of existing products and already have licensing in them. My question is specifically about this "whenever the license limit is reached". It doesn't really sound like you have anything in your license system for this other than whether it is paid or not. IMO, that's not really a licensing limit. My point is, generally speaking, there are a lot more things involved in software licensing than "on or off." I'd love to see you expand your licensing system to something MUCH more robust.

MukeshR

Staff member
Hello @gacott ,
Thank you for your positive feedback. Your input is valuable in helping us understand the specific issues you encountered, which allows us to pinpoint the root causes and strive towards enhancing our products.