• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Make PDF from email for free?

I have a workflow where Pabbly Connect parses and email and creates a relevant DropBox folder for me. I'd like to then have a PDF generated from the email and have that stored in the folder.

One set of instructions I found suggested that Pabbly Connect's Text Formatter app had an HTML to PDF event, but I can't find that trigger. I do see that there are other apps for creating but I don't have accounts with any of them, and at least one appears to require a subscription. Before testing out all the options to figure out which one will work, I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I only receive one or two of these emails a month, so I don't really want to pay for a subscription plan on one of these PDF sites.

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @emeraldlake

Regarding your use case you can refer to the following video lesson on how you can try creating the PDF with the help of Google Docs.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how I would get the email content to Google Drive in order to create a PDF there. Can you provide a bit more of an explanation, please?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
You can map the email content directly to a Google Doc and create a document, which will then be provided to you in PDF format for uploading to Google Drive. Please watch the shared video again.

I watched the entire 34-minute video yesterday, much of which had nothing to do with what I'm trying to do. I'm not starting with Google Sheets. It doesn't tell me how to get data from my email to a Google Doc, unless you mean I can use a Json query to do that, but again, I have no idea how... If the secret to this is in the video, could you please point me to the right timestamp to pay attention to?

ArshilAhmad

Staff member
Have you set up Email Parser as your trigger step to capture the email through which you want to create the PDF? If not, please watch the video shared below and set up Email Parser as your trigger step:

Once you have set up Email Parser, let us know, and we will guide you through the further steps.