• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Need help in sending RFQ (Request for Quote) emails to manufacturers based on a product list (Tools used: Google Sheets & Office 365 for emails)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashk

Hello Team,

I am attempting to send an email to a list of manufacturers who supply a particular product.

Sample Google Sheets Table:

Product NameManufacturer Email ID
Product A[email protected]
Product B[email protected]
Product C[email protected]

The current process is as below:

1683001905246.png

However, the challenge is the following
1) If I configure one email ID in Step 3: and if there are more suppliers for a product e.g Product A in the above table, the current flow only sends email to [email protected] and not to [email protected]. Ideally, we need it to send it to both the suppliers.
2) If I configure two email IDs in Step 3: but if there's just one supplier for a product e.g Product B in the above table, the flow would fail with an Error Code: ErrorInvalidParameter because it expects two email IDs to be returned by Step 2, but finds only one.

What do you think would be the best solution in this case? Ideally, emails should go to all the suppliers whose emails are returned in Step 2: Lookup Spreadsheet Rows.

Supreme

Staff member
2) If I configure two email IDs in Step 3: but if there's just one supplier for a product e.g Product B in the above table, the flow would fail with an Error Code: ErrorInvalidParameter because it expects two email IDs to be returned by Step 2, but finds only one.
We have corrected the format in the BCC recipients and it is working now.

2023-05-02_13h58_26.png

yashk

It's not working as desired. I changed the the product from "Product A" (which had two supplier emails) to "Product B" (with only 1 email) - and it failed with below error, because in BCC - three emails are configured.

1683109010254.png

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @yashk

Please check you are missing one email address and if you do not wish to pass any more email addresses then kindly remove its email address block.

1683111658848.png

yashk

Please try and understand the question.

This is the base table.

Step 2 is to select email IDs based on Product Name - everything is working fine till this point

Step 3 is to send email to all the matching email IDs returned from Step 2 - so it could be 1 email (if Product B is selected) or 2 emails (if Product A is selected)

I intend to set up Step 3, in a manner that it's able to send emails to all the email IDs returned from Step 2 (could be 1 or many)

yashk

What is the proposed workaround?
Because even if I change email IDs in this format {"emailAddress": {"address": "[email protected]"}} - Step 2 would still return one or more email IDs, depending on the product.

This would still not solve for ErrorInvalidRecipients .

yashk

My problem statement is not understood properly. I am rewriting the desired flow and current problem here.

Desired Flow
Step 1) Google Sheet Trigger: Product name
Step 2) Lookup Spreadsheet Rows (example table below) with Product Name
Step 3) Send Email to Multiple users (i.e all Manufacturer Email IDs) which have that Product Name

In Step 3: I have configured email IDs in the format that is recommended for Office 365 i.e {"emailAddress": {"address": "[email protected]"}} - and because it has to take values from Step 2, it's configured as follows

{"emailAddress":{"address": "2. Response Result 0 RowValue Email (from Contact Master) :[email protected]"}},{"emailAddress": {"address": "2. Response Result 1 RowValue Email (from Contact Master) :[email protected]"}}

Now, this setup works fine till there are 2 Manufacturer Email IDs for a product (e.g Product A) - but when the Input in Step 1) is Product C, the flow fails in Step 3, because it expects two email IDs to be returned by Step 2, but it gets only one i.e {"emailAddress":{"address": "2. Response Result 0 RowValue Email (from Contact Master) :[email protected]"}},{"emailAddress": {"address": "response result 2 rowValue Email (from Contact Master): No Data"}} - Causing Step 3 to fail.

Supreme

Staff member
We understood your concern, the workaround which we have shown is just to reduce the formatting of the email address which you need to pass in the Send Email action step of MS Office 365.

So with the help of a workaround, you will be able to dynamically pass the email addresses in the email address field according to the data retrieved from the "Lookup SpreadSheet" action step.

Status
Not open for further replies.