• Instructions to Ask a Question

Click on the "Ask a Question" button and select the application for which you would like to ask questions.

We have 5 different products namely - Pabbly Connect, Pabbly Subscription Billing, Pabbly Email Marketing, Pabbly Form Builder, Pabbly Email Verification.

The turnaround time is 24 hrs (Business Hours - 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM IST, Except Saturday and Sunday). So your kind patience will be highly appreciated!

🚀🚀Exclusive Discount Offer

Just in case you're looking for any ongoing offers on Pabbly, you can check the one-time offers listed below. You just need to pay once and use the application forever -

🔥 Pabbly Connect One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) -  View offer 

🔥 Pabbly Subscription Billing One Time Plan for $249 (🏆Lifetime Access) - View offer

Pabbly hubspot update trigger is not working

Hi,

I have create a workflow that everytime a contact is updated in hubspot it triggers an SMS web service. I see that pabbly have two update contact triggers, one that asks me for an API KEY an other that doesn´t. I am using the last one.

The problem I have is that when I create or update a contact in hubspot pabbly doesn´t read that contact and the workflow doesn´t activate. I have to manually update contacts in hubspot and sometimes they enter the pabbly integration and sometimes they don´t.

1677602347918.png

the name of my workflow is GARANTÍ - Envío de SMS Bienvenida v.1.1 23feb2023
Thanks for your help

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Operaciones

We have deprecated the other trigger event of "Contact Updated". As we can see from your workflow's latest task history Id, the workflow captures the new Contact Updated lead accordingly.

Yes, the one that I am using works, but not all the time, that´s the problem, so I have to go to hubspot and start updating contact fields manually so pabbly will trigger the workflow, but it doesn´t work all the time.

I tried by the other hand to use the other "Contact Updated" method but it asks me for an API Key... and as hubspot deprecated the generic API Keys I tried to create a private app but it didn´t work.

If you can explain to me how the "Contact Updated" trigger works in terms of capacity limit or if only updating certain fields will trigger the event? and which of the triggers I have to use, because when I import contacts to hubspot they don´t trigger the event in Pabbly

Thanks for the response

P

PabblyMember4

Hey @Operaciones

We can see from your tasks history you have successfully updated the contact in Hubspot. Please check the below screenshot:-

1677759916302.png

Ok, I am going to try to be more specific about the problem... when I manually update a contact in the hubspot CRM the pabbly reads it without any problem, as I do it one by one.

My main issue is when I import or update masively to hubspot. For example, I change the "status" field in hubspot for 3971 contacts, and Pabbly didn´t recognize any of those updated contacts.

The ones that you send me a print screen are the ones that the call center team update manualy when they talk to our clients.

So I ask again the questions, is there a capacity for doing updates or a limit so we can consider other ways of doing this
Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
So I ask again the questions, is there a capacity for doing updates or a limit so we can consider other ways of doing this
Apparently, there is no limitation on updating the contacts from Pabbly.

Further, we can see that you have your updated contact recorded in the history logs for your workflow.

Also, if you think that the contacts are still getting missed via the action step then we request you to record a short video on the same.

Hi, yes, they again the problem is when I massively update the contacts. So I have recorded 2 videos showing the problem to see if it helps.

In the first video I update a contact manually in my HubSpot account and it works. In the second video what I do is that I massively update 4k registers but only around 50 contacts enter the workflow and do the actions they are supposed to do.

Let me know If I am doing something wrong or if I need to change the workflow in any way
Thanks

1. https://www.loom.com/share/096440cb82ce4c3e8a8882338dfb2b83

2. https://www.loom.com/share/23e1233500b44682a4e6a80ecef81aa6

Ok, so help me understand how Pabbly works please...., I just updated 50 registers in Hubspot and after 5-10 minutes Pabbly took 100 registers (the 50 I update + another 50 that I updated earlier) and did what it was supposed to do. It was supposed to update those registers earlier but it didn´t, and they are being updated now when I update this small segments of 50.

Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Since the polling time of the Hubspot: Update Contact has 10 mins to fetch new data and because of that, your previously updated contacts were also fetched after that time.

1678357421485.png

It doesn´t make sense because those contacts were updated like 8 hours before so they should have being detected by Pabbly way before my last update.

Anyway, the problem persists. The data is being updated and Pabbly doesn´t catch it.

I don´t know if there is another channel were I can get responses more quickly because this way I get responses really late and the responses are not helpful at all, as you tell me things I already know and I have to wait another day, send videos and more and still doesn´t get a concrete answer of what is happening...

Do you need me to do anything from my hand? or can you check if there is really a problem with Pabbly

If it helps I just updated 5145 registers in Hubspot and Pabbly only detected 100 of those registers. So I am still thinking there is a Pabbly constrain that you will have to work around

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Operaciones

We have updated the webhook rate limit constraint to 400 requests per minute. So, please send the data in a small bunch in some minutes.

Hi,

I just did another update of 4000 registers and the webhook just grabbed only 100 registers (not 400). So you are telling me that there is a constrain in the limit of updates that I do in hubspot, and in that case shouldn´t it be like a buffer so the next minute it will continue to catch the registers that were not catched in first place?

Because that means that the rest of the registers are never going to be updated, just because a Pabbly constrain...

Ok, I have checked with the hubspot team and also their documentation. In short terms they said that for big loads or imported data they send batches of data of maximum 100 notifications.

Here I quote the documentation:

"As shown above, you should expect to receive an array of objects in a single request. The batch size can vary, but will be under 100 notifications. HubSpot will send multiple notifications when a lot of events have occurred within a short period of time. For example, if you've subscribed to new contacts and a customer imports a large number of contacts" (these is what I am doing), "HubSpot will send you the notifications for these imported contacts in batches and not one per request.

HubSpot does not guarantee that you'll receive these notifications in the order they occurred. Use the occurredAt property for each notification to determine when the event that triggered the notification occurred.

HubSpot also does not guarantee that you'll only get a single notification for an event. Though this should be rare, it is possible that HubSpot will send you the same notification multiple times"

Here is the link for more detailed explanation, but it seems like Pabbly is not catching all the requests send by hubspot

Also in that link is how to use the Event throttling setting to adjust the maximum number of events HubSpot will attempt to send to Pabbly, so you can probably check that to

Please let me know
Thanks

Supreme

Staff member
Hey @Operaciones

Since the Hubspot CRM trigger event is a pooling-based trigger event that can only fetch 100 records at a time, we recommend you use Webhook By Pabbly trigger event which you can configure in your HubSpot account.

It is not that Hubspot con only fetch 100 records at a time, but that is the maximun records in each batch. So for large imports hubspot will send many batches that Pabbly is not processing... In my little understanding hubspot event is a pushing-event trigger to the Pabbly API that is not supporting the amount of batches send by Hubspot and is only recognizing the first batch (100 records)

I can try the other method if you explain me. The one I am using is installing the Pabbly app in Hubspot, that is the official App I have always used